Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Quick Post

I am completely and utterly back logged with posts and have a ton of pictures on my other camera that need to be taken care of but that will happen soon enough. Someday.  On top of that my kitchen is a huge mess after making a ton of jam and the house still looks like a tornado went through it because the bathroom is still being worked on. So much to do! And I'm working my toosh off not only to maintain my shop but to get things ready for the holidays I know, right? So far away but it comes quick and things go so much better when I actually prepare.

The reason for writing is that not too long ago, at 1am while I was working, Levi came in the office crying. It took a minute for him to calm down and tell me what was up. "I didn't get to spend very much time with you today!" Actually we did but it was a kind of weird day, he and Davis had to go to the doctor because they're both sick and Levi spent a ton of time resting and kind of napping. He just wasn't himself, he didn't even want to read much which is so not like him. I didn't even really work at all during the day (I usually do when Davis naps) and we watched the first couple episodes of the incredible hulk, with Lou Farigino, together. We talked a lot about hairy legs, antibodies and superheros. So we were together a lot actually.

We scheduled some time tomorrow for us to read to each other and he seemed happy with that. I just thought it was so sweet he wanted some more one on one time even though we are together pretty much all day. I try my best to remember that this is the time in their lives that they will probably like me the most and want to be with me the most and that I have to take advantage of it. Soon he will not want to read with me or even hang out with his mom. He will have other interests and activities he will be involved in and I know I will miss days like these where it was just us. I love this sweet guy of mine.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

aww so sweet! and such a good reminder-you're a great mom Kendra! :)