Saturday, January 3, 2015

Baby Butts, Quilt Rebel and Dirty Looks

 I seriously can't get enough of little babies sleeping with their butts in the air. How do they do that?
 Max was helping me with a little Halloween project.....
 And Davis thinks he owns every water bottle in the planet.
 It was my birthday week and I got a lot of love from friends. I loved this one, a couple ladies call me sister Goodwitch, they even made a shirt to show it a couple years ago. Awesome ladies, you know who you are.
 I finally had to get some Halloween candy and since these whole large candy bars were on sale an we only get a handful of kids I got them. And we sadly only gave out a few. Our neighborhood just doesn't have many kiddos. Sad. But we later sent all these off with Uncle Jared to pass off at his record shop. They loved it.
 For Levi's school I am part of the 'PPC' party planning committee, though I told them with my shop I'm not able to do as much in person stuff until after the New Years but I can help with planning and other stuff. This year as we were emailing I suggested doing a crazy obsticle course (they were going to just do games) and one of them ran with the idea and the kids LOVED it I heard.

I was also suggested a prize for the costume parade they were doing and since I suggested it I offered to do the awards. I found a idea similar to this on Pinterest. I thought of candy but I figured they would get a ton and also I was just sick of giving candy for everything (For me that's a shocker, I heart candy)

Jason helped with most of it, melted the guys in certain areas to bend them then cut dowels and cut little stands for them. I only really showed him what I had in mind and did the lettering. Aren't they awesome?
 And just a couple days before Halloween I was off for a quilt retreat for my birthday gift from Jason. Is it sad all my gifts are time away from everyone? For mothers day I like to go off on my own, birthday, Christmas. It's not like I don't like my guys cause I do but it is so nice to do exactly what I want to do when I want. To be able to listen to my music on the radio. To get up when I want, to not have to change diapers, answer questions, make sure kids do chores, homework and such. Heck to actually be able to eat a meal when I want instead of making sure everyone else is taken care of. At this point in my mothering career I sometimes just need a little break. I'm sure there will be a time that all I will want as a Mothers Day/birthday/Christmas gift is the opposite when all I will want is to be with all my guys. Their is a time for every season.

So when I left to go this is how I left them, watching some show, I can't even tell what it is. The house was kind of a mess and as I was leaving Davie cried a bit but it was nice to get my stuff all packed (I had a ton, sleeping, sewing, jewelry stuff) and go off with my sister and talk and talk and talk to her because we actually don't get to a lot.

 And I made it. It was heavenly. I first actually set up my photography stuff so I could take some pictures of my jewelry. I had a TON of new pieces that I just hadn't had time to photograph because it is so time intensive. I think I bit off a lot more than I could chew because it took most of the time but I didn't really care, it was fun being their with all those crafty quilting ladies, my mom, sister and Miranda. That and I actually do like doing photography overall and I hadn't been able to in a long time so it was nice to get to it.
 The boys did lots of fun stuff and sent pictures. I asked them all to do it but made sure the boys tell dad. The went to OMSI, shopping, IHOP, trick or treating at Nike(sad I missed Halloween!), trick or treating with grandpa. Lucky boys.
 Apparently Davis out ate Max at IHOP.
 After I got all my stuff photographed, which took a majority of the time, I was able to get some progress made on a quilt I've been working on for years. I think I started it two years ago on the last retreat.

How my pants look after quilting. But who cares? They were all women. I might or might not have been brasserie-less for most of the time. It was like a sleepover for the craft at heart.
 Whenever I get that thing finished it's going to be awesome!
Scarlett actually quilted too! At first she said she wouldn't even though she brought a sewing machine (which I don't think she'd used before) and was just going to knit but she got tired of it. Mom and I convinced Miranda to do an easy quilt which she finished and so Scarlett did to and finished it during the retreat. After that she helped me and mom with ironing things. She's a helper she is.
 And on the last day Mom took Miranda home and SRW and I went off to Chevys for dinner because we could. Twas a great way to end our trip.
 And I made it back just in time to catch Levi and Max's recital! They both did well though Max totally forgot a page :)  I'm just proud he went up there and didn't back out.
 Davis sat for most of the time.

 I took a couple dozen shots and these were my best. By the end I got the look.

No comments: