Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Turkey Time

Before FHE Max decided he needed to meditate. This kid cracks me up.
Mail helpers! It was a busy good Christmas for my shop. 
Still must get locks for those cupboards. He drives me bonkers. I forgot this part about having little kids. It's been a while since I went through the, I-want-to-pull-everything-out-of-everything  phase.
He's so lucky he's adorable. I want to pinch his cheeks pretty much all the time.
For Thanksgiving eve we went to my dads house to see some family. Rhonda's family, Uncle Mike and the gang. Gabe and his crew were here as well so it was a big ol' party.
And the turkey trot! Jason decided not to go (and was working on turkey stuff) so I went off with the boys and Emily, Krista and Cheryl.  We ended up walking the 5k and they had their scooter. They were complaining a bit by the end but overall they (and I) did great. We were pretty much last but we were going for getting it done rather than beating anyone. Which we only did a couple people, most ran.
Jason showed up at the end to do the turkey bowl which sadly didn't end up happening, he was way bummed about it so next year we need to make sure this guy gets to play some football.
And hot chocolate at the end.
For our regular Thanksgiving meal we had the whole family, all my siblings were there and all the kiddos, including Sir Charles Barkely. We couldn't have Thanksgiving without him.
Now we do pretty much all our meals buffet styles as opposed to anything official and sitting down to eat around a table. People grab what they want then go where they want to eat which is usually upstairs or downstairs. We tried a couple times to do a big table downstairs for Gram but she didn't like it much so this is how we do it.
Max was the first to claim a turkey leg. It was a great T-day. Simple, stress free and tons of food and family.
The day after Thanksgiving we ended up going to get our tree from one of our favorite tree farms. It was kind of late and towards their closing time but we made it.
Since we were more pressed for time we quickly looked for a tree that would work. It only took about 15 minutes to find the perfect one.
Max, hiding from the camera.
We even got to see some reindeer. It was fun talking to them about reindeer and Santa all along the way. I know some people don't believe you should lie to your kids and tell them their is a Santa I think it is a fun thing to do. I remember believing in Santa as a kid and it just made things so magical as corny as that sounds. There was the thrill of sneaking out to see the tree and possibly getting a glance of Santa himself. While we try not to go too overboard with the Santa and things we still believe in this house and I'm glad that for one more year they both believe.
And Sunday. It only took 45 minutes of a screechy, squirmy kid to get this. So worth it. I'm realizing more and more that time goes by so fast. I can't even really pick Levi up at all, I can barely have him on my lap his so big and heavy. Soon that will be Davis. I'll take the snuggles while I can get them.

And I got to do a review of these cookie mixes. The lady was nice and each boy and myself got to pick one and Max picked mint chocolate chip. He was more than a little bit excited.

No comments: