Saturday, January 3, 2015

Last Ninja Standing and End of the Season

 I am a total briber when it comes to the boys and the dentist. For a couple of times I have told them if they go to their checkups and they don't find any cavities I/we will get them a big toy of their choice ($20 or less, this time was $10). I figure it's better than paying hundreds even after insurance which we have already had to do with Levi for a couple cavities. I know my mom paid thousands and thousands for us and our terrible teeth and I'll do anything to prevent it. I will even do big money when they get to be teens. Again, I figure it saves money and you only get one set of chompers. It is also handy to remind them of it when they are brushing or don't want to brush that their is the possibility of something later on. 

Anyways, it worked for this time around because neither had cavities. We weren't able to have them pick out toys for a week or so because we were busy but we finally got to it. Max picked a set of ninja turtle figures/key chains and Levi picked some sort of army guy set. Max was so dang sweet and pretty much right after gave two of his four guys to Levi. Later that week he gave one (leaving him with only one) to one of his best friends in kindergarten. Sometimes he is so dang generous. Not all the time but when he gives he gives it all.
 Dave the Destroyer.
 Bath time!!!! These guys are so cute in the tub together. It's pretty crowded but there but there are always lots of giggles. Levi and Max will put water in their mouths and spray it at Davis' belly which always gets big giggles from Dave.
 And I finally watched Gilmore Girls. I could not stop. How did I never watch this when it first came out?
 And I finally gave up and gave my whole stash of ribbon which was this entire container, to a good crafty friend of mine. I'm just trying to pare things down and get rid of things I don't use much and this was definitely one of them. I know she will put it to good use. I'd been wanting to find a new home but couldn't bear the thought of giving it to Goodwill probably because it was hundreds of dollars in ribbon and other bow making supplies. I now know they are going to a good home full of girls and a crafty mom.
 Max loves when I do this for his sandwiches. It's not all the time but every once and  a while. I like it because I'm pretty insistent kids eat crusts but it also makes a fun face using all the sandwich. I actually use a doughnut cutter which looks likes a bulls eye. We have yet to make doughnuts but at least we're getting some use out of it!
 Levi practicing piano. It's been slow going lately since we lost our piano teacher. I have yet to find a new one and have been trying on my own but it's not going so well. It's hard to be the teacher and the practicing enforcer. Most teachers are full but I'm going to try again after the new year. It will happen.

This is when he was practicing and Davis really wanted to watch and wiggle his butt. So dang cute.
 Sweet Tomatoes and proof that Max does eat some vegetables, at least at sweet tomatoes. At home not very often.

We baby sat a couple of friends for the day. The boys loved it.
After  that I caught the boys playing headbands while Dave-o napped. I love that they're at an age where they can play games by themselves. Well, at least for 15 minutes before a fight usually breaks out.
And my early birthday present. It was actually the first time I went to the Nike employee store and bought something for me. Usually I go to one of the factory stores, they are just less expensive. But I am loving these, they are probably my most comfortable pair.
And after a visit to the Red Sled to restock jewelry. The boys got suckers this time.
And Davis trying to 'help'. Curious monkey.
The last game of the season, a night game. The boys did great and I don't know who won but it doesn't really matter at this age. They worked hard and had fun. So win. Since both boys were playing at the same time, Jason mostly watched Levi while Davis and I watched Max. Mostly because Levi's team is more serious and competitive so I am no help with tips and such and because Max can have his moments and in those usually wants me. But it all went off without a hitch.

Go #4!!!!
After both teams went out for pizza. Since each team was kind of on their own as far as organizing goes each did different things. Max's team decided to do trophies and a little presentation while Levi's didn't. I didn't think they were doing anything but a couple weeks after all this he got a medal through school, Max's school. Weird. While I felt bummed for Levi (who was optimistic about the whole thing) I'm glad it wasn't the other way around because Max would have had a fit and we would have had to go home right then.

But we stayed until we were the last ones. Jason took Davis home because we had separate vehicles and he needed to go to bed (Davis) but the boys were up partying. Go Wildcats! 
Sunday Davis kept taking toys from the girls in front of us. BUT it was actually the first time I was in RS for the whole time in months and months. And he hasn't done it since. The ladies all were kind and let him rifle a little through their bags.
And since it was my birthday I got to go take a nap while Jason did this in preparation for people coming over for dinner.
Davis celebrated his 1st and we had the Carsten's and Christiensen's as well as the regulars over.
And cake was had. I have more pictures on my other camera I think. It was so funny to watch him eat and destroy. Always is.

No comments: