Sunday, January 4, 2015

Xrays and a Nice Butt

 Davie! This was the week being sick. Davis was sick, Max was, Levi was, I believe Jason was. Luckily I didn't get anything that bad.
 We started off the week with a Dr. visit for Davis and Levi. Max's had calmed down but the real worry was Levi because it was a deep bad cough that just wouldn't go away and so I was a little more worried. Davis not too worried but should check. Anyways, we had a couple of visits to the Dr. on Monday and Tuesday.

You can see what each of the boys favorite things are the minute they walk in.
 Davis stripped down. I love this. We have trained him to do the classic head nod when we say "What's up?" it's so dang cute. I still need to get it on video before he stops doing it.
 Hey mom, what's up?
 More books. And waiting. For Levi they had him do a couple of inhaler treatments and see how things go and come back the next day.
 Well they called us the next day and recommended that we should get an xray before coming in so they could see what his chest looked like (again, bad cough, lots of labored breathing) so we did and luckily they were extremely fast, like 20 minutes total.
 Davis, Max and I waiting outside the room while Levi got his xray. Davis just thinks I'm weird and Max is doing his best to avoid a picture but I caught him. You can tell I take a lot of pictures when I'm bored.

 And then off to the regular pediatrician to see how things are going and look at the xray.
 It took a LOT longer than 20 minutes. The big boys amused themselves while Davis found his own source of fun.

After talking to the pediatrician who looked at the xray we figured out the problem which happened last year but the problem wasn't quite pinned down. Levi, as of right now, doesn't have asthma but often when he gets a cold it triggers it and it closes off his lungs. In the xray it showed lots of swelling in his lungs and at the airway coming from the lungs to the mouth extremely pinched off. So they took him off antibiotics they had given him the day before (because it wouldn't help at all) and gave him some steroid meds to reduce the inflammation along with the inhaler we have. Davis has had to use it too a couple of times when he has had colds. It took a long time to figure out exactly what was going on but it was good to know so that now we know what to do when it happens again.
 And another Studio C family night. So awesome. I love that these guys quote them all the time, they are better at remembering the lines than I am. This one was the shoulder devil one, they love Matt Meese.
 And still recooping and playing checkers. For like 10 minutes before a fight broke out.
 Livin it up with his bottle in the bath.
 This took less than a minute.
 I have been trying to dejunk the house and while I love everything my boys give me I have to toss a lot of their artwork. I loved this one (it was the placemat he made me for mothers day brunch at pre-k) so I took a quick picture of it.
 I saw this some where and took a screen shot of it. It made me laugh.
 Max has inherited all of Levi's old beginning reading books like this tansformer one. He was quite excited to get cracking on it.
 My destroying angel.
 And it had been an extremely long day and somehow he fell asleep in my arms! Never happens or I have to work for 45 minutes to get him to relax enough. It makes me want to snuggle him forever.

And another day of babysitting our friends kids. They were getting antsy so I decided we'd go visit Lola who actually happened to be headed our way with her mom and sister so we all took a big walk around and through the school. Luckily Julie was able to grab her add on seat to the stroller because I didn't think it was going to be that long of a walk and little Gracie needed it. Isn't Levi so cute holding her hand? I love it. 
 And to end the week. I don't know why but we decided to go to Red Robins on a Friday night. Probably because I did not feel like cooking at all. We hardly ever go out to restaurants with the boys so they were thrilled. It was a blast (though Levi is giving quite the serious look) and they were all perfectly behaved. Win.

No comments: