Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Not a Creature Was Stirring

Bedtime is a chore, I'll be honest about it. After being with my boys all day long, cleaning up after them (or what's even harder and more tiring is letting them help), making breakfast lunch and dinner with snacks in between, playing role of teacher making sure 'homework' is done, playing with them, answering a zillion questions, by bedtime I'm ready to be done and have a moment of silence. Because man, those boys keep going and going and going and going. So. much. energy.

Lately for bed Max INSISTS on sleeping on the top bunk with Levi and even if we tell him no, he'll climb up regardless if the ladder is there or not (it is removable). It's a losing battle. So since they sleep together, for an hour to sometimes two, I hear screeching, fighting, giggling coming out of that room until at some point they give in and finally go to sleep. It's bliss. Ahhhhh. And that is one of my favorite times of the day. Time to be by myself, to think about the day ahead, get some work done and to just take a deep breath. At least until it's time for me to go to bed and do it all over again. Don't get me wrong, I love being with them. They crack me up every single day and I get to see them grow up in to sweet, kind, fun, full of life boys. I love that. It's just nice to have some quiet for a moment.

And every night I can't help myself in taking a peek at them, even if Jason's already done it. They are just too sweet not to.

Levi's new best friend who goes with him everywhere. It's an angry bird now named 'bomber'.
And Max surrounded with his friends.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

sleeping babies, even if they're not 'babies' anymore, are just the best!!!