Friday, March 23, 2012

TGIF

I wish I kept a journal. The only time I was every really successful and consistent was during my mission. Before and after? Not so much. And now, this is pretty much all I have, so bare with me with the ramblings. It's more because of all the things swimming around in my head and need to get out.

-Right now Levi has his best friend in the whole world, Braden, over. He knows Braden from preschool and all the sudden several months back he they really clicked and he is forever talking about him. His mom had both boys over a couple weeks ago and as I was about to leave with the boys Braden beacons me over and says he needs to whisper a word to me. I lean down and he quietly says 'sleepover'. I couldn't help but invite him right then. So we have an extra over for the night. They play really well together and last time we had them over I seriously didn't have to break up one fight. They three (oh, Braden's also Max's best friend too, so he says) work so well together.

-Now normally I had said 'no sleepovers' but I don't think I'm opposed to sleepovers as much as I am to lots of kids sleepovers. One person, who we know well, is fine. Plus it's so much fun to have friends over longer than 2-3 hours.

-Right now they are playing Wild Kratts on the computer. They both (all three actually) love it. Soon it will be bedtime and we'll see how that goes.

-Yesterday I got to go to a RS activity which was really fun. Some days I feel all I do is talk to little kids with little tiny bursts of actual conversations with adults. Then when I get to being around adults I almost feel a little awkward at times because it's like I don't remember how to have a conversation with someone over the age of 4. Any hoo, it was great and it helped me remember what great people I have in my ward.

-Speaking of wards, I also kind of miss my old one. There were just much more people my age and with little kids. Now I am one of the 'younger' adults, which is weird. Most people here have older kids. I almost wish I could attend my old one just to hang with people my age but luckily I still do lots of stuff with them. Most are, after all, only five minutes away. But being in different wards makes it sometimes feels like hours. Luckily half of Levi's class is filled with their kids, I do babysitting swaps with them, and they let me go to their activities when I can.

-What else have I been up to???? I've slowed down a little bit on the jewelry side of things. But it's good for me, I was bound to slow down at some point. Also Jason took a look at taxes and because of what I made last year, despite paying a ridiculous amount of taxes, we still owe over a thousand, which is disheartening especially when we've never ever had to pay and usually got a good refund. Ugh. Dumb taxes. But we're still planning on making a fort for the boys, which is what we were going to do with part of our refund. So I'm working on getting the dinero together for it. It's going to happen, it's going to happen. Well, only if the sun would stay out.

No comments: