Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Haps

Today we went to church without Max (sick) and Jason and I have to admit it was pretty nice. I think I got more out of today's meeting than I have in a long time. It's just putting those two boys together that doesn't make for a quiet meeting. Levi and I sat together and he was so good and reverent, I was extremely impressed. He even asked some really good questions so we got to talk a lot about the sacrament and what it means.

Also today was nice for me because I wasn't conducting or doing sharing time, just helping. I ended up leading a couple songs on the fly but that's nothing big, kind of made me miss doing singing time.

This week was Levi's week to do the scripture and prayer in primary and we had been preparing all week. He had it memorized and only needed prompting with one word but got the rest completely on his own "Oh, remember my sons and learn wisdom in thy youth. Yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God". Alma 37:35 It was fun working with him on it all week because we had it posted up all around the house, even downstairs with gram so she and my mom could work on it with him. We got to talk about it's meaning a number of times and it was so sweet to see him making connections between our lives and the gospel.

He then did a great prayer and was way more eloquent than he usually is at home, which is usually the same 2-3 lines. My big boy! I was so proud.

And to top it all off he got the golden ticket! One kid a week gets the 'golden ticket' for being the most reverent then gets to go see the bishop, who adores the kids, and get a treat. He was awestruck. Usually kids just smile and take it but he got into a big conversation with the person handing it out, "I tried SO hard today, and before I was so close every time but I kept trying and trying and I finally got it, I'm so excited!!!" He was all smiles.

It was an awesome primary day and at the end of it all Levi and I got to go see the bishop and get his treat. The bishop was even wearing suspenders just like him. Levi was thrilled because he thinks bishop Hayden is one of the coolest, most silliest guys ever. "Silly bishop!" he's always saying.

Then we came home to sweetie Max (who had been sick, not horrible, just bad enough to not be able to go to nursery and infect the ward) and Jason who had been busy and cleaned the house, cleaned off the trampoline and Jason had even started rolls and getting meat ready to BBQ. My awesome boys. And then Max pulled out the cooking spray and told me he wanted to makes something so per the boys request we made brownies from scratch. It was nice. I'm not usually not the best at letting the boys help me cook during the week because I've got so much going on but Sundays are a bit calmer and so I like to cook with them more then. It was fun and they turned out great.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

This sounds like the PERFECT day Kendra! And way to go Levi on getting the golden ticket! :)