Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Day Off

This year it hasn't snowed much 'round these parts, which I am perfectly fine with. I think I got my fill of snowy winters when I lived in Utah. No thank you. Scraping off windshields, walking to work/class in the snow and ice, glasses fogging are not my idea of a good time. But it is nice to have a little bit of it if only to see everyone get so excited about it.

I actually had little idea it was coming because I rarely, if ever, watch the news. So when I woke up and saw all that white stuff on the ground it was quite a shock. I immediate took Levi to the window to show him who instantly became wide eyed, grinning from ear to ear and speechless, which never happens. It was short lived as talks of sledding, snowmen, snowball fights and boots came spilling out in incoherent sentences.
Luckily Jason got to come home from work because apparently it was a snow day for him too. Oregonians are so weak when it comes to handling the snow. But look whose talking, I avoid it whenever possible BUT that's not because I can't drive in it or anything because I can, I just don't like it. Dad came just in time to get in some good playtime with the boys who made a snowman and went sledding while I made everyone hot chocolate and homemade cinnamon rolls.

It was obvious the snow wouldn't last long and neither was the snowman so Jason and I, sang "Once There Was a Snowman" with Levi a couple of times so he would know the fate of his new friend and not freak out, which I could totally see happening. I guess it worked because he didn't say anything when it fell over after less than an hour. He was probably too hyped up on all that sugar to care much.
It was a fun day. But to be honest I'm glad it didn't last too long. I don't think I could survive living in Alaska.

No comments: