Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Like to Type, Thank you Mavis Beacon.

Levi just got out of the bathtub. This is his second time today and he might go again tonight. The reason for this time? We had been talking about what we'll do in the summer because the sun was out for a split second. BIG mistake. After his nap he freaked out about how it's not snowy out, that it's summer time and he wants to swim in our pool. After some negotiating I got him to put his swim trunks on and 'swim' in the bathtub which seemed to do the trick for now.

Today I have been working on an activity for an FHE group I belong to. I love it. There are 8 of us and we each do a lesson/activity/story.... and make 8 copies and switch it so you basically have all you need for FHE's for the month. It has been GREAT and made FHE much more meaningful. This month I'm doing something way too elaborate and unnecessary but it's fun. Find it here if you're curious.

Tomorrow I am starting a "Biggest Loser" competition with a couple friends so I guess that means we're ordering pizza tonight! It's actually been a while since I had some but knowing that I have to be super good for the next little bit makes me want it more. I did pretty well with the competition last time but we did a month then had a month off. I like it a little longer because I can be pretty good for a month but two is going to be much more of a challenge.

Max is sleeping. Of course. Today I showed him how to do a sumo move where you stomp down one foot hard then the other. It was so cute cause he's so dang small!

Oh, and the most hilarious event of the day (and perhaps embarrassing) is that a man came and knocked on the door asking if we were selling the car we have out front. It has been sitting there for a year, perhaps more, and not been driven. The side mirror is hanging by a thread because it got knocked off when someone was driving my grandma's wheelchair out (it was not my grandma who did it fyi) and has a small gumby figure on the antenna in the back. Super classy. Also this is the second time this has happened in less than 6 months. We'll see if I can talk Jason into letting it go.

Speaking of talking Jason into things. This year our big project is going to be redoing our back bathroom, it is in desperate need of some work. It will probably have to be completely gutted. But I also want to do something with the fireplace. Nothing too big for now (you should see my long term plans for it, it's awesome) but maybe paint it and put a real mantle/shelf on it. We'll see if he goes for it.

No comments: