Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Done!

For the first time in months I went to the grocery store, for my big grocery shop, with both boys by myself. Now I know why I avoid it all costs. Max freaked out for the first 5 minutes because we didn't get one of the big car carts. He also insisted on carrying around a single banana (luckily he was content with the peel on) which he kept dropping but at least it kept him kind of quiet for a bit. Levi was ok for the most part, but I'm now thinking I hate the whoever it is who decides to put all the candy, toys and sugary cereals right where kids can reach them and then subsequently whine about them. Not nice people, not nice at all. Oh, and Max totally broke a wine bottle. I was mortified.

But the good news is that I got it all done and now have my meal plan done and shopping done for the next 2 1/2 weeks. Yea! I love it when I actually plan, it makes my life a lot less stressful. That is, after I've gone to the store.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Haha I love this! I am learning to shop with both my girls and it is quite an adventure. We haven't broken any wine bottles yet but one time Lauren flipped out of the shopping cart in JoAnn's and landed against a metal shelf. It made quite a scene!

Rachel said...

Yes, I've noticed that I spend less when I go to the store with my kids. I try to get out of there as fast as I can.

Kendra Goodrich said...

It's quite fun. But sometime I actually spend more because I don't take time to comparative shop (which I normally do), I just kind of grab stuff and run. Still is one of my least favorite things to do in the world. I love going with just one though, it's fun one on one time.