Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rah, Rah, Rah!!!!

This week Levi gave his first scripture and prayer in primary. When he got the assignment two weeks ago (we had conference last week) he was so excited and told his teachers he HAD to tell me and show me right away. And he got up and did just that.

For the past two weeks we have been having him repeat a simple scripture we picked and he even memorized it, I was way impressed.

For the big day Grandpa and Grandma Goodrich were in town so they were able to come, along with Nese and Gram with dad helping and myself. There was quite a Levi cheering crowd.
"Mosiah chapter 16, verse 15. Teach dem that redempshun cometh frew Christ the Nord, who is the very Eternal Faver. Amen." All by himself. I actually shed a few tears.
Dad helped him a little bit with the prayer cause he can come up with some pretty crazy stuff sometimes. My favorite thing is that he was practically eating the microphone most of the time.

Levi Dean, I am so proud of you and am sure this is just the beginning of your great speaking career. I don't care what anyone else says, I'm your #1 fan and president of the Levi Fan Club.

4 comments:

whitney said...

that's pretty dang cute. :)

Danielle said...

so cute!!! and i love that you snuck some pictures. ethan gave the scripture a few weeks ago and I was totally loving it too, even if you couldn't understand a word he was saying. :)

Rachel said...

Wow, that's impressive! Hailey has given two talks now and the last time she did it, she's didn't want to practice and when we got up there, she didn't want me to help her. It was a long mess, but everyone still laughed and thought it was cute.

Marissa and Blaine said...

Awwwww, how cute!!! I can totally picture him doing it. I love it! What a big boy!
Oh and way to go to get the pictures!