Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Choo Choo! I'm Two!

Max has been really beginning to work on his talking skills lately. He is really good about understanding what is being said to him. While he can't say full words very well or make a number of sounds he is surprising me everyday with new words. So far here is what he says

No (he learned that one pretty fast and says it a LOT)
Yeah
Mom
Da-E
I (Levi) also this is "I" for eye and "I" for Uncle Isaac
E (Nese)
Bay (baby) and if you point and ask him who he is, he says "Bay"
down/uhh (up)
ba (back)
bah (means either bottle or pacifier)
bow bow (his gun sound)
oon - spoon
Mow - more
Don-od (donald, this is both the cartoon character and the fast food place, he LOVES the playgrounds there)
Mi-mao (mickey mouse)

And he basically does whatever letter he knows in the word instead of the word itself.

Mr. Max is extremely determined and is not easily swayed. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing but I'm thinking good. Right now we are working a lot on sharing and while many times it takes a lot of my negotiating skills, he is much more willing to share with his brother and give things up if you do it in the right way. Mostly no, but lately it's been more yes. We'll see if that continues.

Now the the weather is getting better I'm beginning to see the outdoors man in him. He loves to play outside and just run around in the back yard playing with sticks, in the sandbox, or 'riding' one of the bikes. He's also just started following his brothers lead in bringing me fistfuls of dandilions any chance he gets. And dirt? He is definitely not afraid to get dirty, though there is a limit of how much stuff he'll let get on his hands. I can wait for summer time with these boys!

When we had Levi I thought he was a party animal but Max is definitely a partier to the core and sometimes can even give Levi a run for his money.
Favorite shows: Wonder Pets, Mickey Mouse Club house, and anything with Elmo in it though he doesn't usually sit still for most shows, just too much excitement going on.Favorite objects: his yellow fleece blanket, blue puppy blanket, a small clown doll that used to be Uncle Gabe's when he was little (he calls him 'bay', baby), his buzz light year, and of course any spoon he can get his hands on. He has also been extremely into trains lately, which is good because we are having a train party for him. When Levi decided Max needed a train party almost 6 months ago he liked them but nothing like he does now. Choo Choo!

One of my favorite things about Max is is smile, it's infectious. Even when I'm frustrated it can usually melt my heart. Oh, and his giggles are one of my favorite sounds in the world.

Things that make him laugh: dad, Levi if he's doing something crazy, other kids doing any sort of kids stuff, Elmo, seeing Nese drive up to our house (he really gets excited for that one), rubbing noses, and pinching his belly.
He has always loved doing whatever his big brother does and wants to do 'big boy' things like him. Now he refuses to sit in anything but a regular chair, no booster for this one. And while he'll drink out of a sippy cup, prefers a regular cup. Whatever Levi does/has/eats, you can bet Mr. Max will too.

Lately he has been such a little helper, he puts his dishes in the sink (a number of times has even done it without asking!), helps put his toys away, and likes to bring things to people.

Max is my little baby, even though he is two years old. I don't know if I'm willing to give up on him being my baby. I love that he loves to cuddle with me and always wants me to hold him. Though it has been a little problematic because if it were up to him I'd be holding him, having him sit on my lap or leaning up against me most of his waking hours.

Sir Max, we love you more than you'll ever know, our home wouldn't be the same without you!

1 comment:

Marissa and Blaine said...

He's so cute! I can't believe he's two already... Crazy!