Sunday, May 15, 2011

Let's Hear it for the Boys!

Last weekend and all this week I was spoiled rotten. The whole week long and I loved every minute of it. I started out Friday night with getting to go on a girls night where I ate my first burger and fries for a long time and chatted the night away with some of my favorite mommies.

Then Saturday I got to sleep in and do whatever I wanted. What did I want to do? I jogged the furthest I ever have consecutively in my life (4 miles, not much but you've gotta start somewhere!) I was tired but I really wanted to go to a Zumba class at the gym, so I did. Let me tell you by the end I was good and tired but I felt great. Then turns out while I was gone my mom whisked the boys away and took them to see "Rio" and out to lunch while Jason and I got to hang out and do some errands together. Not terribly exciting but it's always a treat to go hang out just him and I. We were going to go to "Out of This World Pizza" because that's what I really wanted to do with the boys. We all always have fun there but it was too late and we ended up doing that Monday instead. Then I got to craft the night away on some fun projects I've been wanting to work on.

Sunday? It started off with breakfast in bed, flowers and a poster by my artists in residence.
I was so surprised and Levi was very excited about the whole thing and if I poked my head out of the door he would tell me to 'Go back to your room!' Max was too sick for church so Aunt Rose stayed with him but that made sacrament kind of nice and a whole lot quieter. My primary kids sang and did a great job, we had a mother's day lesson followed by a lot of chatting, which I haven't been able to do with some people in a while since I've been in primary. I got to take a super long nap, have strawberry shortcake (delicious) and spend the evening with my little family.

Then later in the week my dad ended up taking Levi for 2 nights and at the same time my big bro, Jared, took Max for an overnighter as well. So I got a FULL 24 HOURS in the middle of the week without kids or without having Jason watch them. Talk about spoiled rotten.

And I can't tell you how many times Jason cleaned the house, did the dishes, rubbed my feet, or got the kids ready for bed this week. Glorious. I better get started on what I'm going to do for him for Fathers Day.
Here is the story my mom told me about the flowers I got. While Levi was out with Nesie shopping, they were just about home when Levi says "But where are the flowers for my mom?? She needs flowers with a bottle" Nesie tried to explain that I said I didn't want any, to which he replied "But you got flowers and Gram got flowers". He was obviously very convinced that I needed flowers, enough so that the car was turned around to find some. First they stopped at the much closer Hallmark store to find something. Cards where shown and other gifts but he did not find quite what he was looking for. So off to another store they went. When they finally got to the flower section of another store Levi refused all of the ones that were shown to him, saying "She needs pink and white ones". He finally found a bouquet that passed muster and then went on to find a 'bottle' for it. Much like the flowers, he was very particular about what he was looking for and they finally found it. They were both beautiful (and from what it looks like, the most expensive of them all! I guess he inherited the talent of being able to find the most expensive item in a store without ever looking at a price tag, from Nesie and Aunt Rose. They're so funny.) I must say that boy has some pretty good taste and I am loving the smell of lilies in my living room.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

WOW! What a perfect week Kendra!!! You deserve it and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Bravo to everyone who made it happen for you. :)

Marissa and Blaine said...

Awww, Levi is so sweet!!!

Way to go Goodrich boys!

4 miles AND a Zumba class?!?! Go Kendra!!!