Friday, May 18, 2012

Fort - Stage 3 (tired of looking at pictures yet?)

For FHE this week we decided to 'work' on the fort. By work I mean that mostly Jason was working on it while we tried to help as much as me and those two crazy boys can do like hand him wood, nails and such. We actually got to hang out in the top this time.

Levi showing off the door which is actually a really large window. Jason even got some carpet squares for inside.

You can't see him but max is hammering the wall. What a guy.
 He is actually quite the little helper with dad. I think we have a builder on our hands.
 The man himself. I still look out back and can't believe how much he's done in pretty much less than two weeks.
And here she is in all her glory. That was Monday and now Jason has the roof up. It is that clear wavy plastic. Yeah, I don't really know what I'm talking about but it looks nice and it will let light in. We were trying to decide what the front wall will be but I think we're going to put big windows in but we need to find some first. 
We're also looking for a slide, which is actually pretty hard to find if you don't want it already attached to a play structure. I wish I had one of these forts when I was a kid. Levi's insisting on sleeping in it when it is finished which I told him dad would be more than happy to do.
It's a big and kind of a crazy project but that is the Goodrich way and I'm pretty sure the only way we know how to do it.


No comments: