Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Baby Goodrich Update

So today I had another ultra sound. At my last visit I was measuring larger (like a big jump in the past 2 weeks) though I hadn't gained any weight. I personally attribute that to the fact that all my appointments have normally been early in the morning before much food and all the awesome summer swelling and then the next one was in the late afternoon. An after noon makes a big difference. But she wanted to be sure everything was a-ok and well, it was.

I just realized I haven't written very much about this pregnancy, at least it seems that way compared to the rest. I guess they are right about the third child on.....I should know, I am one. Sorry Mr. Man! Anyways, I'd thought I'd write a little about it so here goes.

For Our Littlest Man

- It feels like you have grown so much in the past month or so, I feel like all the sudden I popped and I now have the belly walk going on. But it's been fun to see myself more visibally pregant.

- Also you are quite the kicker. Holy cow you are! You move around a ton, a lot more than I remember with your brothers. And while it can be slightly obnoxious when I'm trying to sleep or even sit down, because that is the time when you do it the most, overall I'm loving feeling you move about. It means your good and strong and doing just fine. Also it has made it easier for your big brothers to feel you, which they think is funny. Max wants to call you 'Kicky' because of it and Levi giggles every he feels you.

- Speaking of brothers, they are pretty excited about it, though I'm sure they don't quite know what it means to have a little baby brother. But they are excited about it. Max loves to kiss you and does pretty much every night. He has now come to terms with the fact that he's not having a little sister because he believed he was having a little sister for almost a year and a half. Now he's ready to teach you all about being a boy. Levi always wants to know what's going on in there and how it all works. He's asked about how babies come out the 'regular' way. So far explaining a c-section has made it pretty easy because that's all I've had, but now he's asking what did they do back in the 'old days'. Oye. I'm sure he will be facinated with your little squirmy body when it comes out though he's told me he is not in change of the stink bombs. Little does he know...... I'm sure he will be a big helper, he always took out your brothers and I'm sure he'll do the same for you.

- I am getting excited to have a little baby around and keep finding myself looking at little ones at church and while we're out and about. It's going to be fun to have such a little guy again!

- At the same time I'm slightly nervous to have you come only because it will be a change and change can be hard sometimes. This year's a big changing year for everyone. You are going to make your grand entrance, Levi's in first grade, Max is in kindergarten, we're starting more with sports (Levi wants to wrestle so we'll see how that goes) Dad is really getting more into his career which he is enjoying and it's all just changing changing changing. But again, change is good and we just adapt.

- I feel like I have been getting ready for you ever since I found out 'nesting' like crazy, at least in some ways. I have been working hard on my business so I can work a little bit after you come but in a much more simplified way, getting things prepped, made and ready to ship for the holidays. But I'm mostly looking forward to slowing things down a little bit, it keeps me pretty busy and I want to make sure I spend lots of time with you.

- Even though I've been working on things getting projects done (kind of, in a very Kendra way) I have yet to get your cloths out. They always get me excited, cute little boy cloths. Babies are just so cute and snuggly in their footie pajamas. I've missed them.

- Names. That is a big topic of conversations and it is the #1 question I get besides how am I feeling. I still don't know yet and it's my decision. Dad and Nese named Max so it's my turn now. If we go in our 'pattern' your initials will be NDG and I don't know how I feel about all the names that begin with N. None are sticking out to me and it's just hard to decide. Names are so permanent! I remember though with Max that I definitely was not a fan at first but I couldn't think of anything better and  it just grew on me. We'll see what we decide. Here are some ideas that were being throwing around: Neil (one of my favs), Nicholas, Noah (dad's not a fan), Nathan (dad's pick but I'm not a fan), Nolan.  I'm just not loving very many.... but my thought is I can always call you by your middle 'D' name, all my brothers and mom go by their middles. So for D: Davis (my favorite), Damon, Dallas, Drew... to name some. I just want a name that's different, but not weird or super trendy but at the same time not something that is very common either. It's a hard balance and I'm sure we'll figure it out. Why don't you just tell us what you want to be called? That would sure make it easier.

All and all we are getting things ready and getting excited to meet you, so keep growing and we'll see you soon! Hopefully we figure out your name by then.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

awww, I love hearing how you and the mr. are doing! that naming thing IS tough! good luck figuring it out!!!