Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Big Six

My baby has turned 6 and still can't believe it happened. I still can't even believe I'm a mom but I am and I am so lucky to have this guy in our family.
and six years later.....
You are a giant! I can't even lift you any more and it's been that way for a while now, though I will always have enough room for you on my lap (that is unless you get as big as Uncle Jared then that might have to end at some point....) You are so big, almost the size of people a couple years older than you.You were the one of the two tallest kids in your class though you were the youngest.  I'm sure in no time you will be looking down at me as you tower from above.
One of the things I love about you is your sense of humor. Right now you are really into cheesy jokes and puns. Oh my gosh you are! And not like before when you would tell some nonsensical joke and we would laugh anyways but they are actually regular jokes, some you make up and some you memorize. Not only do I love it but I love it even more how funny you find them and how hard you laugh at your own jokes.
Also you are quite the story enthusiast. This summer you have become an AMAZING reader and without much prompting to read from me, you just do it on your own. But even before you could really read you have always loved a good story. You love listening to Nese read books with you every sunday, me or dad reading to you, audio books. You just love a good story.

Now you are also very very into telling stories. Often it can be difficult to follow the story line but you are getting it. Most stories involve war, weapons and other such things. You are all boy and love telling them. And I'm not joking when some stories have lasted up to an hour, that is one chapter of a story has lasted that long. Some stories run on for days.
One thing I love about you is how helpful you are to me. I know there is a lot put on the older child sometimes because they often times end up helping with younger kids and everything but it just happens and you do it (usually) with a great attitude. When your little brother is struggling with his seat belt, has trouble cleaning up, or whatever it is I ask you are my helpful man.

Being the oldest and having the most responsibilities I have found just how capable you are. You can vacuum stairs, get the mail, bring in the garbage cans, take out the smaller garbages, clean the bathroom counter tops, help gram with all the things she needs downstairs along with putting away just about anything. It is so helpful to have you help out but more than that I am always amazed when I give you a new task, sometimes one I think you might struggle with but most of the time you surprise me by just doing it easily and happily.
You are so sweet with little babies and kids. You bend right down and play with them and talk in a sweet little baby/kid voice. I love it! I'm also very excited to see what your relationship will be like with baby brother #3. Right now you are probably the most interested person in the family trying to feel him kicking around and asking how he's doing. It's very sweet and I can't wait for you to meet your little bro.
You love to learn about new things. Among your top favorite subjects are anything science, history, and anything military or war related. Sometimes I'll find you've snuck downstairs and are watching some documentary on the history channel with Gram. You eat that sort of stuff up.

Along with that I'm always amazed at your understanding of things that are often times harder to understand. We've talked about the civil war and issues of slavery, some economic topics like how to make a profit in a business and how banks work and you, more or less get it. I just love your little (or as you say big) brain and how you think!
 What I love about you, physically speaking. I love your big big brown eyes. They are always wide with excitement. I love your beautiful full kissable lips and am happy you still think it's ok we kiss. I love those two beauty marks you have right above your lips, they are just charming. I love your toes which are kind of short and are just like your dads. I love your hair with all it's cowlicks and is a huge reason why it is kept short and from going all over the place. To me you are one of the most handsome six year olds I've ever met.

Right now you are very very into Legos. You talk about them, you play with them everyday and drool over them whenever I let you take a look around the toy aisle. And when you and your brother got them taken away the other day for the weekend, because about 80% of what you two fight over right now is the Legos, it was like your world came to an end. At least for an hour or so but then you were fine and got them back. I love to see what you come up with when you're building.
I love you sir Levi, your dad does, and well pretty much everyone in this family and who meets you fall in love with your friendly nature, your great attitude and your kind heart. While a part of me doesn't want you to ever grow up I can't wait to see the kind of man you'll turn into. 

No comments: