Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Random

Everything dump. I wish I had more time to do things how I want to. Ah well, it is what it is.

Life has been keeping me busy and very tired. I'm almost how I was at the beginning of my pregnancy which is dead tired even after a full nights sleep with only a good few hours in the morning and much of the rest of time is spent in a far too tired and sore state.

Also baby moved his way down a couple weeks ago and has been facing head down for a while getting ready, though the big date was 2 months away when he turned down (I felt the day he did it, crazy ninja boy). This didn't happen with the other boys until a few weeks before, they were all up in my rib cage making it hard to breathe. Now I have not much of that but a TON of very painful waddling and sitting and getting up. I'm sure it's hilarious to watch or just pathetic. I feel old and somewhat helpless and unable to do what I used to do. My feet are giant, I can't bend down well and every time I try to sit, lay down or be somewhat still this little guy thinks is time to party. Ahhh, the joys of pregnancy. And it seems like pretty much everyone I know is kicking it in the exercising/losing weight/getting healthy department and I'm just over here getting bigger and bigger trying to make it to the end (though on a good note I have only gained 8lbs so far!) I was running at the very beginning but then pure exhaustion set in, then summer, now I'm larger than life. At least that's what I feel like.

But I must say I am excited to meet my little ninja, though not right now. I don't know if I could handle if he came early. Hear that you?! Don't even think about it.

Other than that all is the same as usual for the most part. Well kind of, but it seems crazy is our normal lately so I'll just roll with it.

We finally decided to redo the 'master bathroom' I say master in parenthasises because while it is attached to our bedroom it is super tiny. But it is ours. Now this bathroom has been in a sorry state for years, even before we moved in. When my grandpa got sick and we moved back to Oregon when Levi was a few months old I took over most of the house cleaning duties at their house (we were living with my mom at the time). I remember cleaning that bathroom, it was a beast. One day I spent, no joke, an hour and a half just trying to get the shower looking good and white or something close to it. Didn't happen and it made me so mad! The bathroom is mostly origional from the early 70s with a newer (meaning mid 80s) sink and awesome floral wall paper so it was in bad shape even underneath the extremely dated decor.

Anyways, when we moved in we quickly found out we couldn't use the shower because it leaked into the garage so we stopped. We knew something needed to be done but it's a weird situation because it is not our house and of course didn't want to pay for a big bathroom remodel on a house that wasn't ours and my grandma wasn't in the position to pay such a large amount of money once and it wasn't a priority so we have just been living with it. Mostly we just used it for the toilet and I used the vanity area to do make up and brush teeth.

Well.....the toilet began to shift and kind of get lopsided and so something had to be done or we needed to stop using the room completely and deal with it after baby. Luckily we just sold our car and had a decent chunk of change and decided to go with it and that work desparately needed to be done and that we needed to take care of it (partially because the front bathroom needs work too, not quite as much as the front but a lot and so we needed at least one working bathroom for whenever that happened).

Once it was decided and by that I mean a few hours later, I could hear Jason who had started to tear things apart. It all needed to be gutted. The base floor, for some reason, had a layer of particle board which is kind of like a sponge when it gets wet. No good. So more and more and more ripping until things were down to the studs. But I was so extatic because whatever happened would be better than what we had. Ahhh......

Now Jason has redone the dry wall, put in the shower, lights, vanity, floor and working on figuring out the plumbing. All and all it is nothing terribly fancy but it is definitely the nicest bathroom I've ever had in a house (or apartment) I've lived in.
Nice hole in the floor, you can see right to the garage. Hello cooler.

The boys are so different in their sleeping habits. Levi is pretty good about going to bed and realizing when he's tired and the need to sleep. Max not so much. He'd play all night long if we let him. So lately I have been letting Levi start out sleeping in our room and later in the night Jason will move him to his bed. Well since work has started on the bathroom it's not very quiet and I had told him to go somewhere else. He chose under the dining room table.




Soccer practice! Lots and lots of that going on. I feel a little bad because they are both now playing and I feel I need to be more with Max because he's younger and a little more nervous about what he's doing (though on the field that boys pretty aggressive). I try and see Levi as much as I can. Oh how do parents of lots of kids do it? I suppose you just do what you can and make it work. 
I have been slowly deep cleaning the kitchen, mostly to get rid of stuff. I had the boys help me clean out this cupboard. I threw a whole garbage bag of stuff away, things I had never used in the time we've been here. It's a good feeling. The boys thoroughly enjoyed the empty cupboards and playing hide and seek in them.

Sometimes the boys play so nice together.
Our Fridays have now become movie nights and we pretty much always either make or buy pizza. Levi loves it and gets a little miffed if we don't. Here he told me he was sleep eating.
Someone at Jason's work had a birthday so they celebrated with one of those huge super chocolaty cakes from Costco which Jason got to bring home. Max, the chocolate king, was immediately draw to it and had to protect it. Oh, and check to make sure it wasn't poisoned. I think he ate more cake than pizza that night......

No comments: