Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer days 2

Now that it's September I should probably put up some of the multitude of summer pictures I have.....probably.

Hanging out at the Morin's/Carter's house. It was the very top of the list once we got done with all that vacationing. These boys sure play hard.
One of the things we love is library story time. Unfortunately we were only able to make it a handful of times but the boys loved it. I was a little worried that Levi might think he's too old for it but he still thoroughly enjoyed it and Max loved their songs (even made up his own versus on a few)
Playing at the fountains.
I don't know why but for a few days in a row Max would get up at who knows what time and come on my side of the bed and sleep. The first morning I woke up to it, it scared the heck out of me. I am a firm believer in me not sleeping in bed (or in the same room if at all possible) as my kids. I have enough trouble sleeping sometimes I don't need kids kicking, rolling and making noises. This mamma (and daddy) need to sleep! But it was very sweet to see him laying there. He's just my cute little guy!
Levi did a ton of reading this summer and I'm so amazed at how fast he has not only picked it up but how much he loves it. At first I had a reading chart to make sure he did it but there was no need to remind him, he just picked up books and read every day either his own books (he's working on Captian Underpants) or Max would bring him one to read. I love it!
 This shot is at the dentist. He was very good and brave when he had to get some fillings done.
 
At the library to get some books. I've found with him now that we're on chapter books it makes it a little to get harder through our library pile but we still love to come. This is at the 'big library' which we don't go to as often because it's further but the boys loved it cause they got to harass the ducks (not the geese though, they made sure to stay away from them, they're mean!)
Job well done Levi.
My boys are such zombies when they watch TV it's crazy. I think I had let them watch a power ranger movie and Max wanted to dress up. When we went to costco they already had costumes and so I let them pick theirs up. I like to do it a little early so they can have time to really use them. Also I haven't really made any costume and have settled on buying them, it's much easier than making one and right now they want to be pretty easy generic things so I'll get creative with making costumes when they get creative with their choices.......

No comments: