Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer 3

Max and his Wild Kratts costume. NO PICTURES! He hates it when he think I'm taking a picture. Bummer. Usually I lie and tell him it's a video, he doesn't seem to mind those for some reason.
Belly's getting bigger.......and this kids a kicker. Max wants to call him Kicky.
I think this happened when Max had insisted on only using the front bathroom, though he very well could have used the back bathroom or downstairs, but since it was in use barricaded himself outside the door. Then he fell asleep.
I had to go on a big grocery shop and was planning on leaving the boys with my grandma. This summer I have tried to see how she does with watching them while I do things. At first it was to the post office which is 5 minutes away and now I'm confident she can do longer times, especially with Levi. It's been nice to not really have to worry about a sitter and she'll just have them watch cartoons down with her. So far everything has gone well and they pretty much stay down there but sometimes will go upstairs to grab a snack or do something but come back.

Anyways, on this trip I had to do a big grocery shop and I was kind of hoping that Max would stay too. He usually opts to stay and watch cartoons because she lets them watch shows I don't, not that they're bad, just something they do down there,  but he still wanted to go with me. It turned out being a lot of fun one on one with Mr. Max.

He was miffed about the camera thing though....
So cute (also FYI booster got left in dad's vehicle so we went without.....hey, it happens)

He's all good and happy....
then noticed I pulled out the camera.

What a stinker.

Different day, though we're in the van which we are loving.

It was a slow day and we decided to raid the boys piggy banks and go spend some of that hard earned money. After counting out all the change (and convincing Max to pay tithing, which he didn't want to do at first) we had it all counted up and ready to go. We were going to hit up the Lego store!

After counting up the dinero it turned out Max had almost $20 more than Levi, I'm pretty sure because of some birthday money that Max had gotten. Levi was pretty bummed when I told him that that meant it might mean he would be able to get as big as toy or as many. He was so so sad.

Well, right before we headed out I got the mail, which I normally would have left until I got home, but decided to do it anyways. Guess what was in the mail? $20 from Nese. That boy was so excited "Just in the nick of time!" He wouldn't let go of that $20 the whole trip. Thank you Nese! The timing was perfect.

Yeah, then for some reason I took a wrong turn and we ended up at Toys R Us which was fine with all. Even better!

Max found a Skylander toy first thing and HAD to have it despite my promptings to get something else. But it was his money and I laid down the house sword rules. He was giddy and danced around the store with it.


Levi just ogled all the Legos, he was in heaven and it was hard to pick a set. He ended up picking a castle set and a Ninjago one along with some minifigures cause you can't have enough of those.
No pictures!
This was a few days later. I had heard from some candy connoisseurs that there existed a starburst variety with only berry, my favorite. To be honest when I do have starburst I throw the orange away cause I don't like them and why waste calories on something I don't even like. Right? They were amazing, I even shared with the boys.
And lastly the pears. Oh how many cans did I can? 59 actually.

This year I bought 4 boxes of them instead of the two I did last year. I did peaches last year which I thought everyone would prefer but boy was I wrong. We went through the pears extremely fast and still have some peaches, so I went with the crowd pleaser this time around.

I was lucky and they were ripe right on the day my mom was here and she helped with a good chunk of it.
Mmmm. Canned pears......we all can't get enough of them. We'll see if they last the year.

No comments: