Friday, October 18, 2013

Get Er' Done

So I've been doing my best to get all the things off my to do list, if that is even possible. I think I have all the major things done like bag packed, hospital papers done, a schedule and info sheet for the boys and who will be watching them when, baby clothing organized, bassinet set up.....all that important stuff. It's taken a while, especially considering I really only have the energy do one or two things done a day, besides all the regular stuff. No joke. I am the slowest, tiredest and most uncomfortable I think I've ever been. I feel pretty pathetic most of the time. With both boys I had them by this time in the pregnancy so I'm not exactly at my best, just chugging along.

With all that I've been trying to take things slow, do everything little by little and lowering my expectations. A lot. With every sneeze, cough, moment standing up or sitting down I feel like this kid could just come right out. But so far so good, which has left me able to do some of the other things I 'need' to do on my list.

One of my to do's has been working on our newly re-done bathroom because I know nothing will happen with that after baby comes. I am completely in LOVE with it. It is definitely the nicest room in the house and I love that it is mostly mine. It has been in working condition for several weeks and so far I'm the only one whose showered in it and it only gets the occasional toilet use when the other is occupied. Jason has a few more smaller things to do like the trim and meanwhile I have been working on getting it nice and decorated. So I've been shopping more in the past few weeks than I have in a long time getting all the bathroom fixin's. I love my new shower mat, towels, accessories.....and hopefully I can talk Jason into making some small shelves for a wall where I can put my ridiculous collection of perfume and nail polish. I know the rooms way too girly for him and definitely not anything he would do but overall has been pretty patient with it all.
Also thanks to an unexpected day on my own I went and got a pedicure. I wasn't really feeling that great or up to it but knew it needed to be done especially since I feel like this baby could come at any time. My legs were very unshaved, I don't think I had any makeup on, my feet were pretty swollen and I just threw on a skirt (because I was in no mood to wear pants) and shirt. And of course for the first time ever I got a male. Of course. Luckily he's a very nice dad of three so I'm hoping he understood what being super pregnant really means. 
 The next day on my own after getting a full 8 hours of sleep in a row, which hasn't happened in a long time and then getting some work done, I waddled off to the mall. Not fo anything exciting (yey for nursing bras!). I actually got to shower in my awesome new bathroom, put on make up and wear semi decent clothes. 

When I looked in the mirror I realized I didn't have any pictures of me and my littlest man. So I took some pictures even though I was definitely, again, not in the mood for it but knew I should take at least one picture of all that belly. I ended up liking this one the best. I pulled the shirt so you could see the profile a little better. Also I think this is my first ever 'selfie'. It's not great, but will have to do!
  
 This is more like how I felt.


Also in writing this I realize I haven't written about the baby shower my friends threw. I totally didn't take any pictures, I've been horrible at that lately. But it was a complete surprise disguised in a play date with all the kiddos a couple of Friday's ago. Some of my very favorite people were in attendance and I loved and appreciated it so much. It was actually my first baby shower and I didn't quite know what to do with myself. I mean, I've done tons of these parties for people and for me that's the easy part. I'm just not good at the being showered on part I suppose. But I got some cute cloths for Mr. Man, lots of diapers (SO looking forward to getting back in the diaper changing routine) and had lots of talk time with some fun girls. Oh and one guy. But I've actually kind of considered Justin as one of the girls anyways.

No comments: