Monday, October 28, 2013

Primary Program

Today was one of the best Sunday's of the year, primary program and this time both boys had a part. Levi was quite excited to get all dressed up and even tried to do his hair himself though dad had to give him a little lesson. When he came in to see me he asked 'Do I look handsome mom?'. Yup.

Max was a little less than trilled with the whole thing. Dad got him dress and his hair did (which looked quite handsome) but then got mad, got it wet and gave his hair a good rub for that just woke up look. We're just lucky he kept his pants and shoes on.

Since I am so slow lately and we wanted a good front seat Jason and Levi headed off while Max and I had a bite to eat. Eventually he calmed down a bit though it took quite a bit of distracting and changing of subjects.
Eventually we made it out with shoes and pants on not screaming about not wanting to go to church. He even let me get a couple of pictures, though he didn't make it easy.

See? But again, at least he's not screaming like he had been for the past hour or so.









He even gave me a smile or two. 

In the car I prepped him about what to say, "I am thankful to God for my brothers." Technically it was supposed to be brother but we changed it to brothers because he was about to have another one. Like usual he said he was only going to say he was thankful for his blanket, snuggle bear or peanut (his baby). I just encouraged the best I could and told him that he could always get help from Sister Hancock, the primary prez who would be up there helping.

Overall it was hilarious and awesome, I really wish I could have taped it. Since we were right up front I took this quick illegal picture, I'm such a rebel. We got lucky and Levi sat almost right behind Max so we got a good view of everything.

Levi class was up first and he did an amazing job and had his all memorized. He totally owned it. Walked straight up to the top step, which he definitely did not need and made him tower over the microphone, said very loudly and self assuredly something like "Heavenly Father created the beasts of the fields, the cattle and all creeping things. He also created man to rule and reign over them". Something like that. The last line was awesome because he said it so loud and proudly then took several seconds to look around at everyone with wide eyes and a big smile, hopped down and when he got down to his seat leaned down to Max to get a big loud high five.

Max did a great job too, I was most nervous for him because I wasn't quite sure what was going to happen or what he was going to say. But he got up there, waited his turn and said his correct line without any help clear enough so everyone could hear it. I was so proud of him! As he walked back to his seat he also gave Levi a high five. Very cute.

I don't remember too much of the rest, I mostly just watched my boys. Levi started off blankly during all but the singing parts and Max was in a gaggle of boys and kept copying whatever the others did. Play with ties, rock paper scissors, make faces. I know it's horrible but I was so happy that he was not the wiggliest or the most unruly of the bunch, probably a close second though. Those boys were a sight to see and the only girl on the row sang loudly and kept trying to encouage singing but then a couple times told them they were too loud. Such funny little people.

All and all a good program and I'm so happy they both did so well. Afterwards I went home while the boys went off to classes so I could get a nap in. I love me a nice long nap.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

hahaha love the high fives! ;) and you were up at 2 am to post this?! crazy lady!!!

Danielle said...

Oh man, it was a promotion on Amazon that has already ended. And apparently wasn't available to everyone either. SORRY!!! Hopefully you can find one cheap though pretty lady!!