Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Keeping Busy

Just a little taste of the Goodrich life.

Max looking awesome when he went to pick up his brother from school. He actually let me take this one!
We finally (ok, I finally) got our act together and got a new carseat and stroller because our other ones were pretty trashed. The boys were very interested to see how it worked and how a baby got strapped in so we used 'Baby', Max's favorite little guy.

He now insists on having his baby 'Peanut' on his bed (lucky he's got a double size matress) with a blanket and now a binkie every night but also remembers that when our real baby comes along it is for him. We'll see how well that goes over. It's actually pretty sweet because he leans over the car seat and makes sure to kiss him at night and often is very insistent that Uncle Levi, Grandma (me), Grandpa (Jason) or all of us kiss him good night as well.
Max in school, I really didn't want him to see me so I was pretty far away. He is loving it and doing very well. His teachers say he is usually one of the first to listen and do what he's asked and knows a lot of the answers he's asked. In his class he has a best friend Caden who also calls Max his best friend. His teacher says Max will wait for him so he can stand next to him in line, save him a place to sit and things like that. They are so adorable together.

I think he has gotten a lot more independent since starting pre-k and also more obedient. More often than not he'll be willing to do what I ask and reply with a 'Sure!' at least a majority of the time. Mama loves this! I'm glad we went this route rather than me keeping him at home or doing some sort of co-op like last year. I just think he, at this stage and age, needs to be around a different teacher at least some of the time.
We don't go out to eat often as a family or even much at all. Probably for various reasons. The kids half the time end up eating hardly anything or sometimes nothing which is a total waste, it's spendy to take a family out (especially when SOME of them don't end up eating what they order and it just ends up in the garbage) and also I personally tend to eat way more and way less healthy than I normally would. So we've probably ended up going out to eat as a family less than a dozen or so times all together. Maybe when they get older. 

Anyways, along those lines  I really have been wanting to spend more and more time just doing some fun things we don't usually do with these two little men because we are having a baby and I know that will change things and make being able to just get up  and go without with out all the diapers, wipes, baby gear, feeding and crying, a bit harder. Jason was off to a big party Nike was throwing, he was even in full costume for the night, so the boys and I decided to go out to eat. I also wanted to go out because I just plain didn't want to make dinner which has been more of the norm lately.

We went to Ihop which is a pretty safe bet because our breakfast dinner nights are pretty much always a hit and gobbled up. They loved it. They giggled and talked far to loudly asking questions about everything, looked over the booths at neighboring kids. Luckily there weren't too many people and the wait staff thought they were charming. Which they were. I also found out Levi knew way more of the country flags than I thought he did. Thank you Carmen Sandiego!
Max insisted on wearing a glove most of the time. Yes. A glove.
Last week the boys had a dental check up and I was keeping my fingers crossed that Max would actually sit in the chair. Last time he ended up sitting in my lap while the dentist tried to brush his teeth. We talked about the dentist a lot and I think it helped him. We even 'practiced' playing dentist numerous times to help him get over his fear.
 It worked! At least for the first half but at least it's progress. He let them do the x-ray, floss, look in his mouth but got mad because the light was hot and he did not like the looks of the tooth brush/polisher. Hopefully next time he'll go all the way. My favorite thing about this picture? The boots he got from grandma and grandpa, he loves to wear them.
During the fall and winter our lawn gets very wet. We have lots of trees and so we get a lot of moss and it  stays like a giant sponge until spring. Perfect ground for mushrooms. The boys love picking them and then throwing them into the street smashing them. Childhood fun at it's best.
We finally put up Halloween decorations! I almost didn't think I would, I've been way to tired lately and feel like too much moving around will make my water break or something. This kid is low and it is not very pleasant. But they are up and the boys love them.
 This past weekend my dad asked last minute if he could take the boys. SURE! Especially since Jason was going to be gone on a overnight scout trip and lately I have not been up to do anything fun. Mostly just being tired, pregnant and pretty lame. I went to the store with them earlier in the week and it was pathetic. I was super super slow and even though we were only there for a half hour felt like I was going to go into labor with every other step. Again, this kid is getting ready and way too low for my comfort.  Grandma and grandpa's would hands down be way funner than hanging with me.
Needless to say they were excited.
One of the reasons for the excitement? They went to the Lego convention and later to a pumpkin patch. Spoiled boys.
And of course they couldn't leave without some Lego paraphernalia. No they didn't bring the lego guy home, though that would be pretty awesome.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

"yes. A glove." hahaha that max is pretty funny! I can't believe you're getting so close to the end!!! we need to have one last gno....and....is there anything I can do to help pretty mama? the last few weeks always seem to suck the energy out of you! let me know!!

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.