Sunday, October 27, 2013

Harvest 2013

This year harvest time was a little different than normal, at least for me because I didn't go. Because of how schedules worked out the only time we could make it happen was a week before baby and I knew I didn't want to make the drive that pregnant, risk going into labor out of state and probably not be of much use any ways because I'm in the very awkward pregnant stage and am kind of useless, except for the whole growing a baby thing, cause I'm doing awesome at that.
So the boys went off without me and I tried my best to take it easy and not go into labor (which I did quite well).

They picked gigantic carrots, apples, onions and potatos. I hung out here and caught up on work work, house work and did some finishing touches on our back bathroom (which is very close to being finished).
They had fun with the uncles like usual and these are the pictures they sent. I was a little bummed I didn't get to go but know that's just how it goes sometimes and there is always next year.
We did get a whole truckload of produce which I tried in my very best pregnant way to use as much as I could with a little help from Max. He loves helping in the kitchen especially if he gets to use his 'kid knife'. It's plastic and he thoroughly enjoys chopping things.
 He only could cut for so long so he cheered me on as he watched Treasure Buddies (the boys have been loving all those movies lately) and munched on an apple.
And this huge, though it was the smallest of the bunch, carrot. He ate almost the whole thing, I was very impressed. 
I didn't do nearly as much as I wanted to but we made a bunch of apple butter, which was a first for me, as well as some apple leather and froze some carrot baby food (just prepping for the inevitable!). I didn't get the applesauce I wanted to do because there just wasn't enough time and I can really only do like one thing a day. Oh well, maybe after baby?

No comments: