Sunday, October 27, 2013

Spooky weekend

Since Halloween is on a weekday most of the parties happened this weekend and I was lucky I snapped a few shots. I've been taking less and less pictures lately but keep trying because I love seeing them, especially years later when I know I'll really want to see them.

For Halloween the boys both picked out power ranger costumes months ago and have been playing with them off and on. To get ready I had them put everything together themselves so they did a ton of mixing and matching. It was funny to see what they came up with.

Levi's a power ranger/knight/super hero. When I told him I wanted to get pictures inside the church for our ward trunk or treat, he asked me what pose he should do. I told him to surprise me.

Max barely looked at me because behind me were some of his favorite kids dressed up in super cool ninja costumes. He took his accessorizing cue from his big bro.
It was a fun night with their cousins (of course I got no pictures of them, but they were a cute pirate and princess) and there was even a fun magic show followed by a trunk or treat.

In usual Kendra fashion I felt lame for not doing anything I wanted to to do like decorate the van up, have a fun costume (I had some great ideas), make some really crafty snacks for during the socializing/magic show. None of it happened. I even planned on just wearing a witches hat but made it out to the car and realized I forgot it, then didn't even want to go back up to get it. Lame. But at least we showed up. Again, I really didn't think I was going to actually make it because this kid has felt like he was going to just fall out for months and I didn't want to spend time, money or energy on something that I didn't think was going to happen.

Good thing the boys don't really notice or care or anyone else for that matter, it's just me and my own silliness.
Then today (Saturday) was my b-day and it was not what I usually would have done. Man, I did not time this baby thing well at all, right smack between my birthday and Halloween. Oh well, I wasn't thinking about timing just that the green light was on for having baby #3.

I slept in crazy late and didn't do much for the day. Cleaned the house up a bit, did some laundry, worked a little so I could close down my shop. Nothing to crazy, because we have the primary program and I really don't want to miss it.

We did go out to Red Robin for dinner. This was my view. I totally felt like an old guy with my beer belly sticking out. Nice.
The boys were so funny and for a while they concentrated on their drawing and games but eventually I found each of my three boys looking at three different tv sets. It's football season, need I say more?
Max loves to draw and color and he has been working pretty hard learning and writing his letters. I can't believe in two days he will no longer be my baby!
After dinner another Halloween party at a friends house and then after that the boys had a b-day surprise for me. We tried to get them to wait until tomorrow but they pitched a fit and since they're leaving to spend the night with the grandparents anyways after church we obliged and they did their surprise. 

Again, no pictures, I'm a lame-o but they got a small cake, some ice cream and sorbet for me along with some of my favorite fruits and a singing card. When the boys pick out cards that is the only kind they'll get if they can help it.

Now it's officially the 27th and I don't have to share my birthday with anyone. Sorry, I was kind of selfish and really didn't want to have to share my birthday if I could help it, though I'm sure I would have been fine if I would have had to. Less than 36 hours and we meet the newest member of the Goodrich clan.

No comments: