Sunday, October 27, 2013

Happenings

This week has been usually sunny, especially for here in Oregon. The boys have been keeping themselves occupied this week while I've tried my best to get all the baby prep things done. One of the days I kicked them out of the house and they went off without much complaint. After 5 minutes I peeked out my window to see what they were up to and this is what I saw. I can't complain too much right? At least they love books.
In Levi's class they have been reading The Boxcar Children, which we love and have been working out way through the series. When they were done the teacher decided to do a special day with fun activities relating to the book and one of them was sewing a small bear like Benny had.
Levi was SO pumped and told me all about it, he was so proud! He even asked me one morning during breakfast if he could have a pack of needles and some thread for Christmas. Made this sewing lover happy.

You can't tell so much by this picture because he wanted to go off and play ninjas with his friends but he was extremely excited about his bear whose name is Super Bear and his secret identity is Mr. Bear. Naturally. 
Meanwhile while Levi's off Max and I have been doing more and more hang out in my bed time because I'm just a wuss and super prego. My feet have been more swollen than my other pregnancies and I have been trying my hardest to stay off them but sitting with my feet up doesn't help because Mr. Baby thinks anytime I'm in that leaned back sitting position it's party time so it's been a lot more of the bed for me. I don't know how people do bed rest, I'm pretty sure I would go insane.

At least I have a crazy boy to be insane with me. He actually wanted me to take these pictures and thought it was hysterical. Like my morning hair and wake up face?

Then he wanted to send this picture of him driving a car to dad.
Levi's teacher sent me this picture of him and his friend Drew in his class, they were freak out excited that they pretty much had the same shirts on.
 
And Levi got this note from his teacher, it made my day. He has been working so hard on his handwriting, which for at his grade level/age, is really the only area where he's slightly below his level. His reading is amazing and he's now reading at a 2-3 grade level. I still can't believe how fast he just started to do it because while I encouraged reading and doing all the sight words they give you in kindergarten, it got to be too much for both of us and we mainly focused on reading for fun and then one day it clicked. 

Now I can't get him to put down his books, which sometimes isn't a good thing because there are other things in life to do besides read, though it is pretty fun. I'm just glad he likes to do it because it was and still is something I thoroughly enjoy. Being able to get completely lost in a book is a wonderful feeling. 
Then Friday Jason sent me this picture because they had a baby shower, diaper shower, man shower, whatever you want to call it, for baby. No I didn't go (they were having it at 8am and no way was that happening on a no school day, that's sleep in day), it was more just a breakfast and most people got diapers which I know we will be needing. He also got that huge rubber ducky which Max flipped out about when he saw it. I did too, it is pretty dang awesome. We'll see if it lasts till baby can actually use and play with it!
While dad was doing that we did the usual sleeping in, which is usually only for me while the boys play Legos, followed by an epic long reading session in my bed (I think this time was an hour and a half and we didn't even get close to finishing their pile), followed by finally getting up and ready for the day. Fridays are my favorites.
After that we went to McD's to meet a bunch of our friends for lunch and let all the kiddos take over the play place. It was a pretty spectacular sight. After doing the counting there were 8 adults and 15 kids so we ruled the playground. Those poor workers who had to clean up after us and all the others who came to play.......it was a lot of fun to see everyone though!

No comments: