Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The 'Calm' Before the Storm

While I have been feeling like this little guy has been wanting to kick his way out for at least a month now life has kept going, just with a much more tired cranky mama than usual.  I'm hoping they all haven't noticed much.

Levi started wrestling a couple of weeks ago and seems to be enjoying it. For almost a year now he has been talking about doing it, probably because he knew dad did it all growing up and we have just been waiting for the season to begin. It is the only sport so far he has actually asked to do (as opposed to me asking if he wants to try t-ball or soccer). Luckily practices work out so that it is something Jason can take him to after work, other wise it definitly wouldn't be happening this year. It's probably better that way considering I've never seen a match in my life and going to practice watching kids throw each other to the mat took some will power not to go tell him to be kinder and gentler. Probably  not what you want for wrestling.


Here he is right before his first practice, he was quite excited.
Ah well, it will be something good for him and dad (and Max) to do. Each time he comes home Levi tells me he loves is. Jason reports he's doing ok. He is probably one of the youngest kids and has been known to cry when getting hurt. But they're working on toughness, which is good cause sometimes he can cry for the littlest reason and can take a bit to calm down. I'm sure he gets that from me, I have can have a very low tolerance for pain sometimes.
On a trip to Target to get a few things for my new bathroom Max 'had' to check out the Halloween decorations. Him and Levi love these foam hair things. If they weren't so completely ginormous I'd actually think about getting one. He loved the mad scientist one.




While I haven't been able to really chase him down after bath time like I used to, Max thought he could hide from me. What a streaker.
Another errand trip. This time to the mall to pick up a nursing bra with Max before we had to pick up Levi from school. It was hilarious because when we went in the underwear section there were all those frilly lacy colorful bras and underwear and Max pointed to a couple to show me. Nice.
They defenitely are prettier than the ones I wear.

While picking up he was fascinated with this bench thing with fur on it. We decided it would look pretty cool in our house.
 
And since we had a couple minutes to kill we got an icee. Max did not complain one bit, even got a cold headache from it which allowed me to get a small sip. 
Last Thursday the boys and I went to see the high school production of Ramona Quimby. I like taking them to the local kids musicals and plays because it was something I grew up with not only watching but later on participating in. I'd personally rather spend money on doing this than a movie and the boys both seemed to like it, though Max got a little distracted toward the end. Good thing I brought snacks.

This is the best picture I could get.....
Ahhh the last day of soccer. I'll admit it, I was extremely excited to be done with it all. Lately (and normally) my most tired point of the day is right when it's time for practice and most days it took all my will power not to skip it, at least after the first few practices. They are so cute and I know they had fun but I'm glad it's done for the season. What parents do for their kids.
And Friday's are the best. I love that neither boys has school and we can just hang out. It often starts with reading in my bed and snuggling for a bit. Max why the face? I think it's cause he had to share the blanket with everyone. We did get to read his new favorite book "Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" four times though which cheered him up.
After all the snuggles and slowly getting ready for the day we usually go off and do something fun. This time it was some errands, going to Wendy's and heading off to the park.

I love how the hair on the back of Max's head comes to a little point.



In Max's meal he got this super awesome Shrek mask.
Levi was not impressed.
Max was, at least without the creepy face part which we couldn't really figure out.
Scooter time.
Then lastly off to the store to pick up some things for the boys weekend trip and we found Mr. Bones. Even though I was walking around the store slower than an old lady with a walker the boys were great (I normally avoid shopping with both boys at all costs, too stressful). We found Mr. Bones for $2 right when we walked in and while we picked out trip snacks they both took turns with him making him talk and telling him everything about everything. I'm sure everyone thought we were insane which wouldn't be too far from the truth.

When we got home the excitement over Mr. Bones continued. They both took him on a full tour of the house and even made him talk in his funny skeleton voice. I love when they get all imaginative like that.
Levi sneaks onto our bed to fall asleep about half the time lately. I just don't have the energy to fight it especially because I know Max does like to talk and keep him up. Oh well, at least one of them want to sleep when bedtime comes around.

No comments: