Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday, Wrestling and Stake on a Stick

For our fun Friday I had planned on going to the Children's Museum but we ended up waiting in the afternoon to go to better accommodate Mr. Dave-o also I figured it would be emptier because all the little ones who are still napping age would have left.

I got lucky because I happened to get a marble run that I bought on e-bay in the mail that morning which the boys quickly began to assemble. The reason I bought these was because I had got them a marble run set, new, for Christmas but it was terrible. It was flimsy, way too complicated to put together (Max and Miranda spent well over an hour setting it up) and it just didn't work. I felt bad that the toy I got them was basically useless and so looked around and found a lot of these on e-bay and it turned out to be way less than the new one, super sturdy and had tons of pieces. When I saw the picture it didn't really give you a good idea of how many but I'm glad we got them because you can make some pretty cool runs with them.  The boys loved it.
After nap time we finally headed off to the museum and the boys loved it as always. I had Davis in the carrier with me and he slept for a good portion of it and the other time was just looking around. The boys had a blast with all the activities and it was nice to have them old enough to go off and do their own thing and I just kind of followed them around. When Max got to finally be the director because people were always there, he said he loved it because 'I'm in charge!" So very Max.


Wrestling time!

I have to admit, I hardly went to any of Levi's tournaments. They are so long and it's so hard with baby. It's loud, there are horns honking all the time, it's just insane. I went to the first and the last though and that was enough. This time, like the last, we came hours after it started but Levi hadn't started even when we got there. It takes a long time. We were lucky because we had a friend of ours, on of Max's pre-k teachers, who saved us a seat which was nice to have a spot to sit unlike last time when we sat on the floor. The tricky part was getting all the way up to the seats with a backpack, Max whose a scardy cat when it comes to heights and Davis in the front pack. I might have bumped into a few people but I finally made it up.

I tried for a while to get Davis to sleep because he was kind of fussy and it was during his nap time but he was so interested in everything. And it was crazy loud. Max did pretty well but got bored toward the end so we took a bunch of silly pictures and Davis eventually fell asleep....right before we had to leave.

Overall it has been a good wrestling season. I get reports of how he does in practice and from meets from Jason and he is definitely not the best, or even very good. Probably one of the worst actually (is that horrible to say because I'm his mom?) but the good thing is he has improved and he really does love it. Others who were worse than him quit long ago so kudos for him for keep on going. He even asked me if he can do it next year and the next and, depending on when you talk to Max he wants to do it next year too.












A short afternoon at home and Jason showed off his marble run skillz.
Birthday time!

Jason had his birthday earlier in the week but the actual day of was pretty crazy. We did do a family dinner the Sunday before and as part of his gift he wanted to go to the Brazil Grill down in Portland. We had been to a Brazilian grill a number of times when we were in Provo and it was amazing. Unfortunately we didn't realize how crazy it would be and that we should have probably made a reservation so we ended up with an hour and a half wait time so we headed off to Powell Books.

I hadn't been there in years and could probably spend hours there looking around at all those books. I got a bunch of great names for books I want to read. Eventually Jason got a little bored so we went to the cafe area where I got a hot chocolate and I saw this guy. He looked so dashing like a professor you would see in the movies, I couldn't help myself despite the fact that I am pretty sure I was embarrassing Jason. I tried to be as sly as I could and I don't think anyone noticed.

We eventually made it and the meat was great. The salad bar was lacking and definitely not as good as the one we went to in Utah. But my vary favorite had to be the grilled pineapple. I am pretty sure I ate a whole thing. Mmmmm. I wish I had some right now........



2 comments:

Danielle said...

Mmm-love that bravil grill!!! and yes, the pineapple is the best!

Danielle said...

ahem, the brazil grill