Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fun Friday: Volcanoes and Pirate Park

For our Friday the boys got their homework done pretty quick, they didn't have much anyways. One of the first things we had on the list was a volcano kit that I've been putting off for a bit because I knew it would take a while because it had so many steps where you do something, wait, then another, wait some more. But now we finally had a good chunk of time we did it and the boys loved doing it. I must say it turned out pretty well. We actually haven't erupted it along with Max's who had one he made at school which also helped prompted us to make it.
Even on Fridays we have a little bit of waiting around sometimes because we have to wait for Davis to wake from a nap or eat but the boys are pretty patient and don't seem to mind too much. Max had been playing dress up and he found an FBI badge Miranda, Jared's girlfriend, had made him for Christmas.
 When I told him to stand like an FBI agent this is what I got. I've never met an FBI agent in person but it seems right. Oh, in the background you can see Levi who is playing with our Monster Mini hot wheels. They've been a hit around here and they are getting more into Hot Wheels and such.
For our outing I planned a friend of ours has had construction behind her house for quite some time and I had heard that it was finally open. But when we went there it wasn't done and blocked off so we grabbed our scooters and headed off to see what we could find.
Levi, working on his shoes. He's still trying to get the hang of it and refuses to do it the way I taught him but on his double loop tie method. I don't care much, so long as I don't have to tie them for him.
Max actually smiled for the camera instead of freaking out! Usually I have to trick him by saying it's a video. I'm such a liar sometimes.
Davis tried his hardest to stay awake as long as he could though I knew he was tired.
On our walk we went through some neighborhoods and stumbled on this. I think I came here once for a playgroup thing back when Levi was little but forgot where it was. The boys loved it and had a blast pretending to be pirates.
And he finally zonked out.
Zooming home on his almost broken Spiderman scooter. I think I got that at a garage sale for a dollar or something. I'm surprised it has lasted so long. We actually have another nicer newer one but he wanted Spiderman so that's what he got. I'm just glad it didn't fall apart and I didn't have to carry it. Or him.
And for a snack when we got home we had homemade Blueberry Cheesecake popcicles that were supposed to be for Max FHE but he didn't like when we mixed it up so he picked something else. He did however love them frozen. They are extremely good. Blueberries, whipped cream, cream cheese and a little bit of sugar. Mmmm.

No comments: