Monday, February 3, 2014

Geocaching, Stuffed Crust Pizza and Birthday Game Night

Jason is a lot better at playing with the boys than I am, he can get pretty into it. He is definitely funner than I am. Want to read a book? I'm in. Craft or draw? I'm there. Here he is working with Max on their Hot Wheels Minis setup.
I think Levi put these on Davis and I had to stop and take a picture.
After Levi's wrestling tournament on a Saturday we did our big cleanup and got to go Geochaching for the first time. I have heard a lot about it from different people and wanted to give it a try. At first I was thinking of doing it with just me and the boys but decided not to given the fact that I am directionally challenged and I knew it would be easier to do it when Jason was around and it would be a fun family thing. Turns out it was a good call because the boys loved it and Davis ended up sleeping in the car the whole time so I ended up staying with him for most of it.

The first one was about a minute drive from our house hidden in some trees on the side of the road. Jason was able to find it pretty quick and the boys were pumped to open it.
The caches aren't anything spectacular, like this one when you trade something, it was filled with lots of little trinkets but it was perfect for the boys who got some new little toys while we put in bouncy balls and sticky hands. It was really a fun adventure to go on and we will definitely be doing it again soon.
Max got a fake bug.
Davis. I was in the front seat and he was in his car seat facing away and I wasn't sure if he was asleep yet so I took this picture to see. Yup. He was a tired boy.

Off to find a new one while I waited to see if they found it.

I made them have dad take a picture of it when they found it. It was hidden up in a tree.
And since wrestling started our normal Friday pizza night has turned into Saturday pizza movie night. When we were driving by Pizza Hut earlier that day Levi asked when we were going to have pizza from Pizza Hut because lately I have been doing homemade pizza. When I asked why he said he really really wanted to try the stuffed crust pizza. Thank you commercials. I wasn't planning on getting it but Jason surprised them and got it for him later that night. He said he liked but he only had one slice. Funny boy.


At church Max was super snuggly and I got a picture. I know he can be a clingy kid sometimes but I sure do love it when he snuggles up to me and says "I love you Mama" in his cute little voice.


And my usual awesome self didn't take any pictures for Jason's B-day dinner. Oh well, we had fun which is what really counts. We had Monte, Cheryl, Krista, Regan and Abby over (as well as my mom who is always here Sunday nights) for a dinner of lagasana which is a Jason favorite, as well as strawberries, angel food cake and whipped cream in leiu of a regular cake. Then it was game night which we don't do nearly enough of.

This was after everyone had left and Max decided to 'play' Blockus on his own which he quickly ditched for the Magformers, another new favorite toy around here.

No comments: