Saturday, February 1, 2014

Mr. Drool Bot and Spy Studies

Some random pictures of our week. Davis being extra cute.
Even with a line of drool. Man that kid drools.




For FHE it was Max's turn and of course the activity involved Legos. His lesson was a story from the friend, the activity was a Lego building competition and for treat we had the last bit of Oreos we had in the house.

My Lego vehicle was awful yet awesome, at least in my opinion. No one else seemed impressed.  Levi's was much better, so was Max's and Jason's. 


Max, the photo bomber. He totally acts like he doesn't want his picture taken but occasionally gets right in front of it and thinks it's hilarious.
I saw this on the road, good luck for Gabe (GGW) that day.
During the week when Max is at pre-school Levi and I have gotten into a pretty good rhythm. I usually work on getting Davis taken care of with a nap and sometimes feeding while Levi works on some of the homework he gets from school, some writing practice that I give him, a couple of chores which usually includes helping Gram downstairs for a bit, piano practice (after a long break with baby and piano teacher being gone we're finally back at it) and then reading of either a 'learning book' or chapter book. He favorites are his Eyewitness books especially if it has to do with the army or military.  He does a great job of getting to work on things though he has to have a bit of time bonding with his Legos, then he gets to work on what he needs to do. I love how responsible he is becoming and how he almost always happily does it all.



Now that I really feel back to normal I have been working hard to get back into a normal routine and that includes chores. I'll admit that I hadn't been consistent about having the boys do chores during the later part of the pregnancy, after baby came, after my surgery....honestly it was just easier not to. Sometimes I feel like it is more work getting them to work than to actually just do it myself and I suppose that is just how it is when kids are young because they are learning how to be responsible and how to do things which take much longer than normal.

But I have been proud of myself that we're back at it and so now Levi is our official dishwasher emptier and Max is the silverware putter awayer (except the knives, Levi does those for him) which they both do most days. They actually have been doing a better job lately and have been getting a lot faster and don't seem to complain quite as much as the did at the beginning. I'm biding my time until they can clean the entire kitchen by themselves......that will be so nice! My little slaves. That is why I had children after all.
And Davis. I have been using the carrier a little bit more to get things done around the house. He is pretty relaxed and will sit in his bouncer or wiggle around on the floor for about 45 minutes to an hour but after that he needs about 30 minutes to an hour of holding time before he's ready to sleep again and so I have been carrying him around on the busier days and he just looks around until he's ready to nod off.
Davey-Do!! That's what Max (and everyone but Jason) call him most days.
Baby face! I am really loving being a mom to this guy. I guess after seeing Levi and Max's long long legs and having many a intelligent conversation with both of my men I am reminded daily that they really do grow up fast. This baby time, while it can be hard and inconvenient in trying to get things done when I want to get done and how I want to get done is just a small period of time and so I am trying to remember to take advantage of that. You can only rock a baby in your arms for so many years, that cute gummy smile is only there for a handfull of months, they can only grasp onto a finger with those chubby little fingers for a year or so. We are all loving this little guy.
Oh. Lastly random picture. We go through toy phases so they'll play with some toys then move on forgetting them for months at a time, that is with the exception for Legos, they never get bored with those. The boys have been getting back into what we call their action figure box which has slowly grown over the years from all the 'Toobs' which have different figures like American Revolution, Ancient Egypt, Mythical Creatures, Indians, Knights and many more. They boys get very creative with them and even come up with quite elaborate stories.

No comments: