Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Waking Up

Normally, especially since Mr. Davis was born, Jason does the morning routine. He get's Levi up for school, make sure he's dressed and has breakfast then sends him off. Often times Max will get up around the same time and he'll get him some breakfast too. Then I get up a little bit later with Davis. It's nice and I'm enjoying it while it lasts because I know it won't last for long.

Well Jason had to go on an overnight business trip up to Seattle to check out some of the stores up there and while he was gone I did my first school morning time since Davis was born. It wasn't bad but it really made me realize how different my two boys are.

In the morning I woke up Levi as quietly as I could so as not to wake his brother. He surprised me and quickly turned to me and chirping that he was already awake. And with a big leap goes from his top bunk to the love sac with a grin on his face.


Then as he was getting dressed and eating breakfast he happily (and loudly) chattered on about his dreams, what he is going to do for the day, Ninjago.....

As I was washing up dishes Max comes in the kitchen with his favorite yellow blanket over his head with a solemn, pouty look on his face. Levi had to go by him to finish getting ready and accidently brushed Max to which Max half yells " No touchy!" I'm pretty sure he gets that from me.

I had to laugh at his reaction to the morning because it is so much like me. I am soooo not a morning person, never have been and probably never will be. I mean, I can get up in the mornings, I've done it many many times but that doesn't mean I jump up out of bed chattering away, it just doesn't happen. But night time? You want a party animal, I'm in.

My two boys couldn't be more different but I love them each so much for their different reasons.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

haha-ethan is just like levi and Bennett, more often than not, is just like max. and yay for mostly not having to do the morning routines!