Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Christmas 2012

Christmas was awesome and I loved that the boys were old enough to really 'get it' and participate in the whole thing.

To start the evening off we set out some carrots for the reindeer,
in boots of course, spread out some 'reindeer grain' on the front lawn (Levi had been excited to do this for MONTHS)
And then proceeded with the evening.

This year I wanted to get a nativity that the boys could do and participate in and it took me a while but I found the perfect one. You take out a piece a day for the whole month (the top swivles and has more doors in the back). The boys got excited every day to set up the scene and each time allowed an opportunity to talk about the Savior and his birth. That night we finally got to take out the last one which was baby Jesus. Then we watched the nativity movie and settled down for the night.
I love christmas, there is such an excitement in the air. I was super excited to set everything up for the boys because I love seeing their faces Christmas morning. It's just magical.

I didn't get any pictures of it but minutes after the boys laid down we could hear bells in the living room. It was none other than Santa himself leaving presents under the tree. We told them they could go and peek but not to let him catch them. I thought they would freak out, scream and run up to him which is what Levi has done with other Santa's this holiday season, but they quietly crept into the room, peeked and scurried back in bed. It was so awesome to see how excited they got. They were actually quiet after that too. Thank you Grandpa Larry, ahem, I mean Santa.

So since Santa came he filled up their stockings (my other holiday purchase some awesome stockings my friend Candy made, aren't they awesome?)
He left plenty of presents, and even had time for a snack. When they woke up, they were amazed,
awestruck,
stupefied,
dumbfounded,
curious,
and most of all excited.
It was all a hit.
Their favorite stocking suffers were these bad boys, they played with them all morning. At least until they could open presents. And the hit of the season, two plastic swords. These got some good use out of them.
Oh, and a huge nurf gun. Thanks Larry. There was more but I didn't get much after that, too busy enjoying.
Later, after the festivities at the Goodrich house we went to my Aunts house for a dinner and some gifts. The boys loved playing with their cousins. Oh, and both Levi and Max insisted on bringing their new monkeys Nese had got. Levi's is now named AJ, and Max's is named Max. They're bff's.
Fun toys from other grandparents. These planes have been well loved and thoroughly enjoyed by the boys and most kids who come to play.
What lucky ducks.
And at the end of the night Levi came up to me and said "I love you Mom". I love my sweet family.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

how adorable! i love how magical it all is to them! :)