Monday, February 27, 2012

Updates and Feelin' Old

I'm trying hard to stay updated posting the latest and greatest but my interest has been low.....I still have a couple of Christmas posts, Jason's b-day and more. Hopefully soon, we'll see. Also I lost my camera, I'm sure it's around here somewhere.

Right now Jason has been working on a toy box for the boys, which has been coming along nicely. He's making it just the right size/shape for at the end of the boys bed and will replace our current costume box which has been destroyed. Might even clean out some of those toys out of the fire place.

I'm debating about putting Max in preschool next year. He really wants to go but I'm trying to figure out logistics. For his age, 3's, they only have morning classes and it would be a huge mess if I tried to do them both mornings because I would pretty much be dropping off or picking up most of the time with maybe an hour in the middle. I could do Max morning, Levi afternoon but I still don't know. Plus he has to be potty trained which he has zero interest in. I really want to figure a way to do it because he wants to go so bad.

We just went to the worst park trip ever. I thought the boys would be faster on scooters but it took about 4 times longer and I ended up carrying them most of the way, the scooters that is. Not fun. Then when we got there, a couple groups of teenagers were there. Ugh. Normally I'm a pretty cool laid back person and wouldn't care, but it really really bugged me, partially because it took so much effort for us to just get there. First off I know they're skipping school because they were there longer than any lunch period would be and then they were just being inconsiderate. The small group hanging out on the play equipment promptly left when the boys ran up their way to get on the slide and when Levi leaned in to see what they were playing on their phones. I'm pretty sure he thinks they're only used for games. He's obsessed. But the other group, I kept hoping they'd go away. They sat on the only picnic table, listening to loud music and one was a couple who would randomly make out. It just bugged me. Also we only had a small, extremely wet bench in the shade that I had to mop up so we could have our lunch. Part of me wanted to just sit at the nice warm in the sun picnic table next to them but I didn't want my boys hearing what they were saying or the music. Then, after about 45 minutes of my hoping they'd leave this tiny CHILDRENS park, another mother came with a number of kids. At first I thought they'd leave because who wants to hang out with a bunch of little kids running around? We'll apparently they did so theykept listening to their loud obnoxious music, sitting on each other's laps and making out at random moments. If there was another park closer I would have left sooner. Those young whippersnappers. I feel so old complaining about teenagers and their loud music, but it just irritated me to no end. Then to top it off the boys took about 50 minutes walking home on a normally 15 minute walk with me carrying either both scooters, a scooter and Max and my bag or some other combination. It was torture. But Max is taking a nap which he hasn't done in a while which is good. Right?

Levi has been into e-mailing people. Him and Jason check it regularly and he loves getting and sending messages. We also have finally allowed him to play some 'games' on the computer. We've (ok, me) been letting him go on starfall.com to play some really good learning games and if he wants after that he can do PBS kids. His favorite games on that are the Wild Kratts ones. He loves animals. If max is around he usually just watches Levi play. They love it, though I'm starting to not like it because now that's all he wants, games, games, games, like it's the highlight of his day despite what we do. We're working on balance.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Yeah, the teenagers would've irked me too. Grrr.