Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hilarious Max

For FHE we have been working on putting together 72 hour kits, so for the first time we went and got backpacks at Goodwill. We found the perfect sized lighting McQueen one for him and he has since taken it over and has been carrying it around with him about 40% of the day for the past 2 weeks. "My bagpac" he says over and over. It is now filled with as many stuffed animals and books he could fit. And for all that might wonder, he even sleeps with it.

One night he woke up crying so I went in to see what was the matter. He kept saying something over and over in between sobs. While he's been getting to be pretty chatty I can only understand so much of what he says. After a full half hour of crying in my arms I finally figured out he just needed his new stuffed shark. A boy needs his shark I guess.

Another night time adventure. Max woke up wanting the light on, which he pretty much wants on any time he goes to sleep. We've even started to unscrew all the light bulbs to keep him from turning them at night. That night I decided to try something new and gave him a couple of glow sticks. It took two seconds and he was quiet and calm. Funny man.

For Christmas the boys both got swords from Grandpa Larry. Who knew that dollar store swords would be the hit of the season? Well, the boys of course got into numerous fights and one time Max was fighting when Levi didn't have his sword so I explain to Mr. Max that we don't use our swords when someone else doesn't have one too. So he quickly drops the sword to the floor and says "I don't have sword".

Ask Max if he's a good guy or bad guy. "Bad guy". Every time. I think it might stem from when they were playing and someone told him he was the bad guy. Now when asked I'm the bad guy too.

I once asked Max if he's poopy. "No, you poopy" and then proceeds to check my pants. Oh, FYI I was good.

No comments: