Monday, February 27, 2012

Dentist

Levi was such a trooper when he had to go to the dentist to get some cavities filled. I thought he would freak out because, lets face it, as wonderful as it is to have fixed teeth it stinks having to get shots and hold your mouth open for that long.

But he was great. We brought with us his curious george to hold and the dentist worked with kids so she totally knew how to handle herself. He even got to wear an 'elephant nose' and cool green sunglasses and got a few toys at the end. He loved it. Afterwards he even told me he was so happy he came to the dentist. They loved hearing that!

Now he talks to Max all about it and how great it is at the dentist.
I'm trying hard to keep my boys from getting cavities, but what parent isn't right? So we have been trying really hard to brush twice a day, floss if possible and do mouth wash. I have also bribed him with any toy he wants (within some reason) if he doesn't have any cavities next time we go to the dentist. We'll see if that works.....it so far working because he mentions it at least several times a week, 'but only if I have no cabidies'.

No comments: