Sunday, February 5, 2012

Friday Adventure

On Fridays I try really hard to make it a point to do something extra fun with the boys, something we don't normally go and do. I try my best to make our regular days fun but usually most days are pretty normal for us involving cleaning, running errands, cooking, homework.....nothing too exciting. But Fridays are our adventure days, which might just involving doing a fun play date, but still an adventure.

This Friday it was actually sunny out, which doesn't happen here very often. It was amazing to see the sun shining. So we put our shoes and coats on and went out for a walk to the park. It's not the closest one to our house but within reasonable walking distance, it is where I went as a kid when we would visit our grandparents in the summer. There is a park a pool and it's next to a 7-11.

The boys took off running and loved walking there. Max's favorite part of the walk was jumping on top of flying leaves and shouting "I got you!". Levi kept an eye out for litter and we picked some up along the way. He's a very earth conscious 4 year old.

We got to the park and played hard. Swings, climbing, slides, the works. Max was terrified to cross the bridge on the playground, he clenched my hands the first time but then he got better and after he crossed it every time by himself after that would exclaim "It no O bad!". He's definitely getting to be a chatty boy.

Then PBJ's and off for a Slurpee. All the adults there thought they were so cute as we chatted about the Slurpee machines where they each picked the red apple flavor. They each had taken 4 quarters out of their John Deere piggy banks grandpa gave them for Christmas (we had a brief discussion about money and coin values, our lesson of the day I suppose), and they were off to pick out a snack. I thought they would make a beeline for the candy section. Guess what they picked? Bananas. I was so proud.

We slurped our way back to the playground for round two of playground monster and eventually headed home. Mid way on the journey back Levi asks if he can take a nap when we got home and Max asked for me to hold him. I did for a bit but man did he get heavy quick. Made me really appreciate my ancestors who had to walk months holding small children. I don't know if I would have made it.

All and all it was a great trip and as an added bonus both boys took extra long naps that day. Yea! We'll see what we do next week.

No comments: