Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Hunting We Will Go

I think we kept this Easter pretty simple. I got all the stuff a month or so in advance which helped a lot because I didn't have to think much about it after that just putting things together.

This year we did all the funner traditions like Easter baskets and egg hunts on Saturday and did more of the spiritual stuff on Sunday and I really liked it, plus it wouldn't have worked out well to do it all on Sunday since we have chuch first thing.
I (think) I kept the baskets pretty simple and went with more fun things and less candy. Is it me or is everyone sickend by the amount of candy by this time of year? You start with Halloween, then Christmas, then Valentines Day, then Saint Patricks Day....ugh. It's tiring sometimes. Luckily after this there is a nice break.

Anyways I got a number of things from the dollar store (yea!) little army guys, which they love and I put in the eggs, a few legos, puzzles, sidewalk chalk, playdoh. They loved it all.

And this year for the first time ever we actually got to have our own easter egg hunt! Usually a different friend of family member does one and we call it good because do they really need that much candy? Again, getting tired it and I LOVE candy.

We even had some of the best Easter weekend weather I've seen in a long time and got to have it in the backyard. They both had a blast and we played around most of the morning.
Can I just say how much I love Max's hair and how it kind of comes to a point at the neck. It always has. I should probably trim it though, it's getting long and I definitely don't think he can pull off a rat tail.

Happy Easter!






No comments: