Sunday, April 14, 2013

Promoted

I think one of the most exciting things for me when I found out I was pregnant was that I would get to tell the boys they were going to be big brothers. I mean I wasn't surprising Jason because it was planned and my family kind of knew it was coming but the boys didn't know at all. They have actually talked about having a baby a number of times on their own so I knew they would be excited.

So we (ok, really I) decided to take them on a long walk and then tell them. We told them we had a surprise for them and they were quite excited, plus they love nature-y stuff.
I even got some matching shirts to celebrate.
Hey look a squirrel!
Levi was very dutiful in letting me take pictures but Max was not quite so compliant (Notice the big streak of boogers on Max's sleeve? I kept trying to get to him before he would wipe but he can be sneaky. Just keeping it real).
I have the funniest video of them and their reaction to us telling them about it. First it took a bit of explaining what being promoted meant. Then Max was extremely insistent that he was having a baby sister followed by them asking about what the real surprise was. It was priceless and very typical of my boys.

They preferred the poses where they got to show of their 'guns'.

Other attempts of trying to capture some cuteness. Max was trying really hard on this one.
Another squirrel! Wait, just daddy.

No comments: