Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend

Now that Jason is in YM it means he is gone for camp outs about once a month. To be honest it's kind of fun because the boys and I plan on doing something fun that we don't normally do.

Since it was nice out I sent the boys outside for a while. I don't know if I'm the only mean mom out there but I tell them, when they are protesting outside play, they can either play outside or help me clean inside. You can guess which option they usually choose.
Later that day, when it was darker I notice something as I'm walking in the halls and almost screamed. Someone wrote all over the wall.
Now, call me spoiled, but my kids don't really do that sort of stuff. I think they have only written on the walls one or two times ever and even then they were under two and too little to know. But to be fair I have this giant 2 foot real pencil I had let Max use along with some paper. He later told me that he ran out of paper so I suppose logically in his almost 4 year old mind that meant it was perfectly fine to write all over the walls.
At first he was not too keen on the idea of cleaning up his mess until I told him the name of what he would be using, a magic eraser. I wasn't telling him this to be fun, I was actually pretty frustrated at the time, but he got so excited that Levi even wanted to help. I love magic erasers, they really are magic and cleaned everything up in minutes.
Levi did eventually get bored, after all he didn't make the mess, and split so Max had to finish on his own which he actually didn't seem to mind too much.

After the big cleanup we made pizzas. The boys made their own personal ones and I did a not so great looking, but very tasty one made with olive oil, garlic, artichoke hearts, feta, peppers, and sun dried tomatoes. Yum.
Then of course a tent. We were going to set up our regular tent but Jason needed it for one of the boys at his camp out so we made our own awesome one which was perfect.
After Jason got home he and the boys set out to weed some of the front yard. Max was thrilled that he got to use a hoe. That kid loves to dig.
And since the tent came back a little wet we decided to set it up and let it dry out while the boys slept in it.

No comments: