Thursday, April 11, 2013

FHE Goodrich Style

Most of our family nights are pretty low key, a scripture story/lesson, a treat which Max usually insists on being in charge of with dad and an activity usually chosen by Levi and most often involves us doing something with Legos.

This time I picked the activity and asked Jason if he could help figure out logistics. I have been wanting to make/have made lego trays for the boys pretty much ever since we've had legos. The boys absolutely love their legos and play with them every single day. The problem is that we don't really have a play room and their bedroom doesn't really have the space for it. So our living room is Lego central.

The problem with this is that because it is in such a central part of the house and everyone sees it I try and get it cleaned up every day and the boys are forever moving around all their creations on the coffee table, on the paino. It was driving me nuts trying to keep it all together. I didn't want their projects, many of which they work on for a long time, to be broken. Anyways. I saw this and thought it would be perfect. I told Jason and he cut everything out in about 15 minutes. That's my man.
The boys 'helped' with the hammering and sanding as best they could.
Levi wanted a treat so I grabbed some chocolate chips and we called it good.
Then of course they were thrilled to begin playing with them. We very briefly thought about having them more finished, like having a finish or paint it and put handles on it but we called it good and they have worked out ever since.
Best FHE project ever!

No comments: