Thursday, April 11, 2013

Booky Book Worm

So as I began teaching Levi to read I was slightly worried only because at first it was slow going and he got a bit frustrated because he couldn't read as fast as he wanted. That and I wasn't sure if I was pushing too hard or comparing him too much to the others in his class, who are all older than he is. I have to remember he is the very youngest in the class though he doesn't look it.

I don't know why I worried so much! He actually LOVES books and loves listening to stories. He reads long chapter books with my mom all during the weekend, we have gone through all the Magic Treehouse series and are working on the Boxcar Children along with tons of other picture books. It is really the only time besides tv or a game that he will sit still. Both just love a good book.

His reading comprehension has increased exponentially and he's actually a really good reader and always impresses me with his vocabulary.
 I have been catching him reading all over the place. He reads to himself, to Max who will sometimes bring him a book to read, he reads with and to Gram, my mom, Jason, me. 
We have been going to the library more often to make sure he has lots of his reading level books and he now can read pretty much any level 1 book and we're working on 2.
I love it! And I am so excited for him to be able to read bigger books that I loved as a kid and others that I know he will love. I was kind of a book worm as a kid. Ok, I was a nerd, but I'll claim it.
Oh, and I love when Jason reads to them, he does much funner voices than I do and can get them giggling way better than I can.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

awww....I love this! I cannot wait until ethan can start reading!!