Monday, December 9, 2013

Blessing Day

Davis had his baby blessing last week while everyone was visiting and all went wonderfully. He started off the day falling asleep with grandpa.
And stayed asleep until it was blessing time and actually all through the blessing. It was a sweet blessing. Though Jason did call him by his first name Neil, which is not what we are calling him but he is fighting tooth and nail to do. Not on my watch.

It was funny though because when it was done Levi, who was sitting in front of me next to his uncles, turns around and says, "There was one thing VERY wrong with that. It's not Neil"  That's right buddy. That's right.

During the testimony meeting Grandpa Larry pulls out a roll of Life Savers and handed them to Levi. Max got a wiff of what was going on and wanted in on the action. As soon as Levi figured out how to open them he stuffed as many as he could in, silly kid.
I found a cute outfit for Davis the night before because I realized I didn't have anything that worked. I guess it wasn't anything I had thought about enough in advance to order. But honestly I knew I didn't want to get one of those all white baby blessing suits because you only get to wear it once. My other boys had soft, light colored comfy outfits and it seemed to work out well. They are more comfortable, you don't have to worry about a blowout in an all white expensive (usually) outfit and you get to wear it more than once. This was the perfect outfit for the day. 
I didn't get any pictures of all of us together after the blessing. I wish I wasn't the only one who was into taking pictures sometimes (though Richelle does, maybe its a girl thing?) . I forget to take them or sometimes it is just too much of a battle to get everyone gathered together so I just let it go. We'll get a family picture soon I hope.

Later during Relief Society I sang 'Mary's Lullaby'  for part of the lesson we were having on Mary and motherhood. It was fun because the lady who was teaching asked if I could possibly hold and rock Davis while I was singing like a real lullaby. It went well. I think. He didn't freak out, though he did have a major case of the hiccups because I had just fed him, I didn't forget any of the words and no one died. So that's good. It's been a while since I did a solo and sang in front of people but got to start practicing for my new calling......

No comments: