Saturday, December 7, 2013

Cider

This year our normal Washington harvest routine was a little different because it was the first time I wasn't there, though I'm sure it didn't make too much of a difference because I'm sure much of the same things happened. One thing that they weren't able to do was to press cider like we usually do but it worked out because Larry brought everything over that we needed to do them so we did it all Oregon style.

On the first round my mom even got into it.
And my grandma.
Max did too but for some reason decided to use a car neck pillow. For warmth perhaps?
And the press. We have been doing this since Levi was a baby and this cider is out of this world good. Once I had some I now have found myself laughing every time I see any 'cider' in the store. Jason even got a smaller chest freezer because our other one was full so that we could freeze a bunch.
Well as much as we pressed we found that even we didn't have enough containers for them and asked around to see who would want to come over and make some.

It was great because the families that came are people that I haven't seen or hung out with in a long time since our wards split.We had the Binnions, the Wilsons and the Judkins with all their kiddos who all helped a bit but mostly loved playing around in the back yard and roasting marshmallows.













After our cider day it was time to get Christmas trees, the Washington Goodrich's planned on taking theirs home.  As it turned out after the cider was done it was getting late and Davis needed to be fed so I sent off my boys to get our tree while their was still light. They sent me this picture for my approval.


I hung with this guy.
It was a big day because after they got the tree Jason snapped these. They didn't last long when being forced to stay still.
After that trees were wrapped up/set up and more wrestling, movies and games.

But once bed time hit Max actually conked out pretty quick, which is rare for him.

No comments: