Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Taking it to the Mat

Max loves to color and lately he's been drawing on everything. Walls, tables, whatever he can find. You'd think that would be something that happened with a 2 year old who doesn't know the difference. But not this one. We're working on it. We did let him go nuts on this box that we had from a freezer we bought.




Awesome baby. I love his smooshy face.
























Our small vacuum for stairs finally died and so I had to get a new one. I love these because they are great for stairs and for kids, lightweight and portable. This one is called a 'scorpion' which the boys both thought was cool (our vacuum is called a shark, how manly) and wanted to try out right away. I love that sort of enthusiasm. It didn't last too long unfortunately.
We found some ABC flash cards that Max wanted to put in order on the floor. He did almost all without any help. I can't believe that boy is 4 1/2, time passes way to fast.
The past two weeks we have been getting back in the normal swing of things and doing our regular carpool route. I caught these two making each other smile. Levi loves his little brother so much, it is very sweet.
We have been doing a pretty good job for FHE lately, well as good as it gets for us. A few weeks ago we went to the store to pick out this years ornaments that the boys get each year. The boys picked these cool air plane ornaments. While we were there I saw this small tree that I thought we should get for Gram. We have asked her many times about getting a tree for downstairs and she always declines not wanting to be an imposition but we did it anyways and she was extremely happy about it.
Levi asked and asked if he could hold Davis so after teaching him how to hold him and keep his head up he did a great job, though I was nervous the entire time. Levi was extremely excited. I can't believe he's so big!
Then a brief lesson on how to cross your eyes properly.
 
And last week it snowed! Not a lot but some. And naturally snow clothes were dug out and the sled pulled out of the garage. Mostly Levi dragged Max around the lawn and they threw snowballs at stuff.  Typical boy stuff. Later they found a bucket with frozen ice and found ways to break it.

I made some cinnamon rolls to warm us all up.
But mostly I watched from the window while hanging out with this guy. We are working hard on getting this kid to take a pacifier. I have tried a number of different kinds but upon a recommendation we got these and they have worked the best so far. He still spits it out a lot but he's most likely to take this one. Who knew babies could be so picky.
I love these hands! Every time he eats his hands are flexed or in a tight fist. It's very cute. I had forgot about it along with so many other cute little things babies do. Also I forgot about how gross their hands get because they do keep their hands closed a lot.





One of the reasons I love Levi's school is I feel more in touch with their teacher, Sister Riley. I can call or text about whatever and she always responds immediately. Also she is extremely thoughtful and sends lots of pictures about what the kids are doing. This one has something to do with the book they had read, Fugemania I believe. Such cute kiddos!















The boys have been asking and asking about sleeping in the living room under the tree since we set it all up and I have been more reluctant to do it because of Mr. Davis. I usually bring him in the living room and feed him in our big chair in the middle of the night. But he had been sleeping well and only doing 1 feeding a night if any so they did it and loved it! They even went to sleep relatively quickly. 

Last weekend Levi had his first wrestling tournament and to say it was crazy is an understatement. All the gyms were filled with wrestlers ranging from Levi's age to high school from all around the area and their families. Levi's age they don't keep track of points, more than anything it's to practice. Levi wrestled two times with dad coaching him on. Jason is now an assistant coach working with the younger kids. It's been good bonding time for him and the boys I think.

On his first round Levi got creamed, the kid was way better than him and Levi was underneath him the whole time. It was my first time ever really seeing him wrestle and to see him struggling was a little hard for me to see because he is my baby despite how big he is. Jason took some pictures of it but refuses to send them to me because Levi is on the bottom on all of them. But we'll have more tournaments where I can snap some better pictures. Silly dad.

The second round Levi was up against a kid who had even less experience than he does and so Levi took him to the mat time and time again and the other kid didn't seem to resist at all. I kind of felt bad for him because he was struggling and getting very emotional but proud of Levi. He had a couple moves he did really well.




Davis and I came late (those things go on for hours!) so we kind of found a spot in the corner to wait to see Levi. Davis did a great job and mostly hung out in his car seat and Max chatted with me or played on the ipad.
Later that evening Max ran into the kitchen with Levi's singlet on then showed me some of the moves he had learned.





1 comment:

Danielle said...

that picture of levi and davis-so sweet!!! enjoyed reading all the updates on your family! :)