Friday, December 6, 2013

T-day 2013

Levi did this in his class. I eat turkey. I see family and friends, I am a Goodrich.
Every year the boys and I make a fun treat for everyone that's not pie. Probably because I have no idea to do a pie (it's not my favorite treat) and chocolate is kind of amazing. This year the boys helped me pick this one.



It was the perfect treat and they did pretty much everything though I was in charge of the piping bag, I wasn't about to hand that off to them, what a mess that would be. Other than that it was all them.






This year Jason's family was over for the weekend so we had Larry, Richelle and the Uncles. The first thing Levi and Max did was do their best to wrestle them to the ground, didn't quite work though but they tried. And of course they loved watching them play computer games.







In the morning everyone but Davis and I went off for a few hours to play in the Turkey bowl our ward does every year. From what I hear Jason played along with some of the older boys and the rest watched. 

It was actually probably one of the most chill Thanksgivings ever, at least in my opinion. Jason was in charge of the turkey, Larry brought up a smoked turkey as well, I did the potatoes and we had stuffing from a box, bought rolls, canned cranberry sauce, lots of olives, Scarlett did her fruit salad, Jared did sweet potatoes and my mom was in charge of the pies. It was all pretty easy putting everything together and we did it buffet style as usual.

Most of us stayed upstairs, some went down to eat with my grandma it was great. And by the end everyone was stuffed. At least I was. Davis was also a dream because he took a 3 hour nap that happened to be timed perfectly so I had time to get everything put together and even eat and then he woke up after we were all done. I love that he's overall a great sleeper.

























In Max's class for the past week or two they have been doing Thanksgiving crafts. Among them were 3 different hats; a pilgrim, an Indian one and a turkey one. Max picked the pilgrim, Levi the Indian and I think they tried to get people to wear the turkey but I didn't actually see it on anyone.
Davis off in dreamland.



Maybe.

After everything was over people slept, movies were watched and Jason went off to do some Black 'Friday' shopping. He went that evening and in the morning so didn't get much sleep that night. I'm so glad I didn't go. I just love Amazon.com

No comments: