Thursday, December 26, 2013

Polar Express Party 2013

This year we had our Polar Express party again. The boys had been looking forward to it for months, they love that movie and of course having their friends over. 

I think I kept it as pretty low key and stress free as I could considering I had only had a baby less than a month before, though I'm sure Jason would disagree. He dislikes any and all party stuff and thinks I freak out too much but I while I do admit to getting everything together and doing the last minute cleaning done I am always happy I do it because I get to see my boys have so much fun with their friends and it is a fun thing for them to look forward to and help me plan. 

This year before we did the movie the boys and I decided to do Christmas bingo where they would make their own cards







Then we decorated 'Christmas trees' which they all got very into and very sticky.









Then it was movie time along with a table full of goodies and hot chocolate which they were free to eat as much as they wanted (then of course I send them all back to their parents =)








Davis was his awesome chill self and I only had to feed him once after the movie got started while my mom kept an eye on all those little hooligans.



I really wish we had a bigger place if just to invite more kids. They were all from Levi and Max's school and church classes and a couple other friends. We had a ton of others we wanted to invite but again we could only invite so many. Guess that just means we need to do a summer movie night this year in the backyard.



The boys were so happy and excited about the whole night (along with all their buddies) which is why I do it. And these boys love the Polar Express movie, they even watched it dozens of times during the summer.
Almost all the parents came at the same time for pick up and it went from tons of laughing sugar high kids to quiet mess. Ahh. This tradition is totally worth it.
 

No comments: