Monday, December 30, 2013

Recovery

While I was recovering my mom took the rest of the week off to help take care of the boys. We watched a lot of Christmas movies. The boys loved every minute of it and didn't complain one bit about mom being out of commission again.

The day after I got home was the boys last day of school and for my mom's sake I was kind of glad school was cancelled due to weather. Oregonians are such wimps when it comes to snow by the way, but I was happy about it this time because we all just snuggled in, watched the Little Drummer Boy and drank hot chocolate.
My mom gave Davis his first bath at home. It's weird how you do things so differently with each child. With the first one we would bathe him in his own special tub but as we have had more kids we've done things differently and usually chosen whatever is easiest and gets it done without the fuss. So now Davis takes showers with me. It's a lot easier than filling up a little tub or a sink but it gets the job done and he gets nice and clean. That and he loves his showers. Once he sits up on his own we'll probably do baths with his big bro.

My mom wanted to give him a 'proper' bath so she filled up the sink and did just that. It's kind of touching because I, along with my siblings, were bathed in that sink. We'll not that actual sink because it is only a few years old but in that same spot looking out the window to the back yard.

He loved it and grandmas are just awesome. My boys are lucky they have 4. Talk about spoiled.


One thing I was finally able to get to was working on Jason's Christmas present from me and the boys. I came up with this idea months and months ago. I knew I wanted to somehow do something that would mesh Nike (where he works) up with Legos, a favorite around here. So I came up with this for him to put on his desk at work. A Nike swoosh with as many lego minifigs representing the sports Nike sponsors. I've been slowly collecting minifigs for a couple of months, some were kind of rare. Also I got two big lots of black and orange legos off ebay to work with. I didn't know exactly what I would need but figured we could use what we needed then the boys could keep the rest. They were more than happy with that idea. So we made it up and put some Nike gift cards in with it because that guy wears a lot of Nike. I'm pretty sure he's spent 5x the amount on cloths this year than I have. Boy likes to shop. Nike that is.






Lastly Mr. Cutie Patootie himself. He was, as usual, mellow and just hung out with us while I was recovering. We are lucky to have this little guy in our family.












With two operations in only 6 1/2 weeks I have again realized how lucky I am to have all the help and support around me. Not only do I have a husband willing to do what is needed to get the job done but I have a half a dozen family members who would drop anything to help and numerous close friends who would be there in a second if I asked. I know without a dbout if there was some sort of emergency and I needed help I have at the very least a dozen people who I would completely trust the care my kids to, which is no small thing and makes this mama feel very happy. While both operations went smoothly and all went to plan, I am very comforted in the fact that I could have called on countless people to help and am so thankful for all the help I did received.

No comments: