Wednesday, January 15, 2014

California Adventures

The day after Christmas we went to my dad's to celebrate Christmas there along with his birthday. How not fun would it be to have your birthday the day after Christmas by the way?  After hanging out we left the boys in the care of my dad and step mom for a whole 10 days while they went off with them to California. Levi went with them two years ago but this was the longest Max would be away and I was a little nervous. Not as nervous as I would have been 6 months ago but since he has been in preschool he has gotten a lot more confident and so have I in his ability to be away from me. 

They were going down to LA for Rhonda's (my step mom's) dad's 70th birthday among other things. I only have the pictures they sent. I'm betting there are more out there but this is all I have seen so I'll go with it.

Here you can see Max and his great grandpa, Sienna is front and center as well. The other people I have no idea who they are.
All the great grand kids (or grand kids for some of them)
My dad, Levi, Max and Dillon all dressed up and ready to party (for New Years I think?)
The boys got spoiled, I mean how could they not with grandma and grandpa? I didn't see any pictures, this might have been a result of Max's hatred of pictures, but they went to Disneyland. And the place I heard about the most LEGOLAND!

A part of me is kind of sad because I wanted to be the one to take them there and to Disneyland but realistically it wasn't something we were going to be able to do financially for a while. I guess we could have but it was probably more important to pay off student loans right? Oh the responsibilities that come with being a real adult. But we get to do lots of fun things with our boys and maybe we will take them in a few years. All I know is we are lucky to have family who are willing to take them off on fun adventures. I remember some of the funnest trips were with my grandparents and just us kids.
Though this picture might not show it, I was assured by all that Levi and Max had a blast at Legoland. Lucky ducks!
On the drive home, it was a long trip but they made it.
I am thankful my dad and step mom took the boys. While we still had a house filled with guests while they were gone it was nice to have some extra one on one time with Davis and know my boys were being well taken care of. Also it gave me a week and a half to really recover from everything. I had a nasty cold and stomach flu as well while they were gone. I sure missed them and were so happy to see them when they got back!

No comments: