Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Unexpected Trip

For MLK I actually didn't realize Jason had the day off until a day or two before. I don't know where my brain is lately. And when he asked what the plan was I thought it would be fun to go out to Camp 18 which we haven't been to in a while. It had actually been a long time since we did any sort of trip longer than the 1/2 hour it takes to get to my dads house and so we headed off.

Levi has been working hard on learning to tie his shoes. I've attempted several times teaching him but it didn't really work out. Now he can do it but it is in his own way where he makes two loops and ties them together instead of how I know which is one loop, swoop around, through the hole and pull. Oh well. At least he does it. Kind of.
Camp 18....Mmmmm. We took our sweet time getting there but made it in time before breakfast ended. Davis did well for his first meal out, though he needed a little rocking by the end of it. I love these two pictures, they make me laugh especially when they're right next to each other.





The boys liked all the logging equipment as usual.
Levi is a pro at the games on the kids menus now.
Aaaannnnddd for some reason this picture is sideways but I'm being lazy and not going to fix it because baby's sleeping for who knows how long.

It was weird because both Jason and I ordered hot chocolate but the boys wanted a milk and a juice. Good thing they have refills because I think I got two sips of mine. Punks.



Afterwards we ran around and looked at all the logging machinery and trains, the boys dug it. We're lucky we have Jason because I would have been no help with all their questions. I can however identify a train but that about it.
One of the things I really wanted to do on this trip is take pictures of the boys with my nicer camera because on our entryway wall all the pictures are about 2 years old and I figured I needed to do something about that as well as get some of Davis. Davis was far too grumpy and tired but the other two did pretty well, though it did take some bribing as always. Hopefully soon I'll get the other non goofy pictures uploaded. I think some of them turned out really well.
After that we realized we were almost out of gas and the closest station was towards Seaside so we headed out that way. After gas we had to stop at the outlet mall because Jason can never pass going to a Nike store. Levi got shoes and some clothes, Max got a ball (because he was throwing a fit he couldn't get anything else because they didn't really have anything his size), and I got some shoes which I love.

A few more stops to the other shops and we went on to the beach because you can't go to Seaside and not see some waves.  We were in luck and the weather was amazing, even better than what you sometimes see in the middle of summer. Oregon you sure are strange.

Davis was pretty pooped and took a cat nap while the boys played.
And what my boys love to do at the beach: draw in the sand with sticks, look for shells and chase seagulls.
I can't turn this around right but Jason wrote it and I snapped a quick picture before Max could cross it out. Jason was writing nice things like that he loves Max and me but then Max was being a stinker and stomping and crossing everything out.
He finally woke up!


One of the things Jason wanted to do was take out his gun. I was feeding Dave-o in the van but he gave the boys a big talk on gun safety and Levi even got to take a shot at the target. They were both really excited, though Max refused to try, it was too loud for him.
A race to see if he hit the bulls eye!

After I fed the man I got a turn and I did an ok job, though Jason had to move up the target. It took me forever to find it in the scope, I blame my glasses. All I know is that I am sure glad I have Jason because if there ever was an emergency or a zombie attack he's the one I want on my side. I don't think I'd last a week.
Finally the day was coming to an end and it was dinner time so we stopped by DQ. We hardly ever go out to eat as a family and I guess with two in one day we were just making up for lost time. I'm just happy I didn't have to cook and the boys didn't seem to mind one bit.
Dilly bars!

No comments: